WMSC58 - Coral Cameo

Saturday, July 30, 2011


Good Morning! First I just want to say thanks to everyone who supported me in the Gallery Idol Competition, I didn't make it through to the last round but I did have lots of fun, made new crafty friends and won some cool prizes along the way, so it's all good!! : ) Ok, on to this week's new sketch at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge, WMSC58, designed by Kelly! Such a fab sketch!!


I had fun with this one, of course I added some extra layers! I used the gorgeous colors from this week's Play Date Cafe challenge PDCC92, Coral, Petal Pink and Antique Gold.


The label is stamped using Holiday Labels No.14 by Waltzingmouse Stamps, I masked the middle. The sentiment is from Cameo to Go.


On the tag in the pocket I stamped the journalling card stamp from Victorian Frippery by Waltzingmouse Stamps, the antique gold paper at the top of the tag is some handmade block printed paper from Italy, that I bought a long time ago when I was on holidays there.


The fab coral polka dot paper is from Echo Park Victoria Gardens (I love these papers!!) I stamped the bottom half of the card using Text-It by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I used the flowers from Roses in Bloom on the pocket, stamped with VersaMark and embossed in white.


The white frame I made using some white Fimo and a silicone mold from Etsy. I love how this one turned out!! I stamped the cameo using Cameo to Go in Versamagic Pink Grapefruit (with a touch of red to get the right shade) and used a glue pen on the silhouette and sprinkled with fine glitter. The pretty flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the pearl trinket pin I made.


Pop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog to see the fabulous creations from the DT and play along to be in with a chance of winning a stamp set of choice!

I'm teaching a card-making workshop in Killarney today in the local craft shop, looking forward to it. The ladies are a great group! Not looking forward to the traffic, the Irish Open (Golf) is on this weekend in Killarney. I'll have to leave extra early!! Have a great weekend! : )

Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, Echo Park Victoria Gardens, Italian block printed paper
Stamps: Text-it, Cameo to Go, Victorian Frippery, Roses in Bloom, Holiday Labels No.14 all Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Black Archival Ink,  VersaMagic Pink Grapefruit, Ink it Up True Red, Brilliance Moonlight White
Other: Sewingmachine, fimo, silicone mold, seam binding, trinket pin, Wild Orchid Crafts paper flowers, lace, twine, ribbon.

28 comments

  1. Well I was your biggest fan!! But so cool that you won awesome prizes!! Your cards are exceptional!! I've always wanted to try it but am always on vacation during that stretch maybe next year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Clare

    I am so sorry to hear you did not get to the next round.

    Your card is just amazing and gorgeous, I love it, every single detail.

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare, well done on getting so far with the Gallery Idol competition. I really enjoyed seeing your gorgeous creations!!
    Today's card is just divine!! I love it - the fimo frame is beautiful - such a cool idea and the details on the pocket, the homemade pin, the flowers, lace - all things I absolutely love!! Enjoy your card making class with your ladies today - bet they'll have tons of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card ... sorry you didn't get through - you did an amazing job to get as far as you did from all those entries ... you must be incredible proud!
    enjoy your day in Killarney ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare - sorry to hear that you didn't get through to the next round. I think your cards are just fabulous. Still you've got lots of lovely new goodies and are in a very select group of ladies - congratulations!!

    As for this WMSC58 card - it's just so pretty - the colours are lovely, with so many wonderful details. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful card, Clare! I am sorry you didn't get to the next round. I certainly feel you should have won it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about competition. But as far as you went is pretty honorable anyway!

    Beautiful card and colors!
    Have fun at the class!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big congrats on making it so far in the Idol competition Clare! Your last card was just as lovely as the others!!

    Your tag card is just lovely - wonderful cameo framing, distressing, flowers - beautiful!

    Have fun at your class!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dang it! I really hoped you'd win. :-( don't mind me, just gonna sulk for a bit...

    Fab card though. Love the sketch and that yummy Italian paper. You continue to astound.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so absolutely gorgeous! Love the soft colors and gorgeous embellies!
    I was wondering if I could trouble you to add the Email Subscription gadget to your sidebar... It's so much easier to follow all my fav blogs when it comes right to my inbox!
    Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO GORGEOUS Clare! I just adore all the special embs you have added using the PDCC colours! Thanks so much for joining us at The PLay Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card is this.
    Nice details.

    hugs Astrid.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Love Love it ..Gorgeous as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunningly gorgeous!
    So utterly soft and romantic...
    I melted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your success and prizes. They are well deserved! This is a gorgeous card, Clare. I love the frame ... yet another mold I need to go buy now! Thanks for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gasp, this is breathtaking! So Gorgeous and love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Clare, I'm so sorry that you didn't make it through to the next round: your are an amazing card designer and some the the cards that made it through weren't as good as yours, but when you get a competition based strictly on votes, sometimes things don't seem fair. (What I've learned from watching American Idol for the last 6 or so years!) You are a doll, and I'm glad you got the recognition that you deserved as this went along. Have a great week, and at least through this I feel that I've gained a sweet stamping friend. Take care:-) Hugs from Helen in Healdsburg.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So beautifully feminine, so packed with style...so absolutely Clare!...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just so charming! Loving the sweet little cameo and stick pin!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many gorgeous elements, Clare! LOVE that little tag and gorgeous, framed cameo! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Clare, your little frame turned out so pretty! And that bit of gold paper from Italy....oh! First of all, lucky you that you got to be there for a vacation, and second of all, I'll bet you are treasuring that piece of paper and using it little bits at a time, to make it last. :) I know I would! THanks for playing with us at THe Play Date CAfe.

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW! That cameo frame and those flowers are the PERFECT embellies for this gorgeous card! LOVE!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You're still my idol! This is such a lovely card, incredibly creative work on the frame, and these colors are so incredibly pretty! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great! Congrats for your fabulous card!
    joelma by www.papelux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great! Congrats for your fabulous card!
    joelma by www.papelux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Clare, I can´t believe, I missed this one - your card is incredibly beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I agree with Ulina...can't believe you haven't ended up Number 1...what ARE people voting for...they don't know a good designer when they see her work....as usual your card is just wonderful and I so love the fimo frame with Cameo to Go sitting within it...that is so, so good....just simply beautiful. Thanks for all the inspiration you bring.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the yellow card! & the luscious tags!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.