Butterfly card

Monday, August 1, 2011


I managed to grab a few minutes to make a card today. The butterfly stamp is from a stamp company I haven't used before, Artemio they're made in Belgium. I love painting butterflies, this one is a small tortoiseshell butterfly, I think they're only found in Europe. I colored it with acrylic paints.


The gorgeous papers are from Echo Park Victoria Gardens. I die-cut the middle using Spellbinders Labels Eighteen and I embossed the top half using cottage floral embossing folder.


The text I typed up on the computer, printed and stamped the banner shape around it using Bitty Banners by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I also made this with the Moxie Fab World Challenge Fanatical about Botanical in mind.


Don't forget to join us on Thursday for the Case Study 1st Anniversary Blog Hop, read all about it here!! Ok, have a great week!!

7 comments

  1. Clare, that buttefly is pure perfection! At first I wasn't sure if it was printed! So lifelike - you got the colours spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I just love butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! The butterfly looks almost real!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish i could whip up something this devine in a few minutes!! love how you have framed the perfect butterfly!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Clare! Thanks for linking this up to the Fanatical About Botanical challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Claire, this is so beautiful!!! moxie fabulous, indeed:) that butterfly stamp is so realistic, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah Clare!!! you got picked by Cathy at moxie Fab!!! You are good, and the card is just beautiful!!! Congrats :-)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.