Cardmaking & Papercraft Mag (UK) Issue 95

Monday, August 15, 2011



Just popping in with a couple of cards I have in the current issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine (UK). In this issue they asked me to do the recycling feature - to recycle plastic bags and use them on my cards. Quite a challenge but fun! Here they are in the mag.


I took a few photos before I sent them off. The first one is a fun party hat card, I made a cute little pom pom from two different colored plastic bags and I plaited some red plastic to make the bow!


For the second card I used a simple ribbon embroidery technique with white plastic to make the daisy flowers, the centers are quilled. I plaited some blue plastic to make the twine for the label!


For the last card I made a big flower using the Tattered Florals die and white plastic bags, it turned out really nice, really light, I added a brad through the centre to keep everything together!


SO recycling with plastic bags turned out to be fun and stretched my creativity a bit! The plaiting was my favorite technique... go dig out some plastic bags and give it a try! : )

10 comments

  1. Hello Clare

    You are absoloutely amazing and so creative,
    these cards are just fabulous - every single detail. My favorite is the last flower. I shall now hunt out plastic bags and give it a go.

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever ... I bet you could make a beauty out of just about anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cards are very pretty. I would never though of using plastic bags to make such nice flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant ideas; I am in awe of that amazing white flower on your 3rd card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How creative! Love that flower on the last card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you rock with creativity genes! So many great ideas for plastic bags!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Claire

    I will have to look out for you in that mag - I buy they all anyway!!! LOL

    I think I would have freaked out at having to use plastic bags - but you've made it look easy and with stunning results!

    Hope you are well.

    Hugs

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for these fun card ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It takes YOU to make such beautiful creations from plastic bags!!! Amazing and so inspiring! LOVE your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your publications! Love all your cards!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.