CASE study #52 - CASEing our players

Thursday, August 11, 2011



Hello! Thanks to everyone who took part in the CASE Study Anniversary Blog Hop, you made it very special for us! This week at CASE Study we are CASEing our players!! It was hard to pick just one but I had a recent card of one of our players in my favorites folder. My chosen player is Karin Akesdotter (AKA Peppermintpatty), here's her fab card!


I love Karin's work, I'm always inspired by something when I visit her blog. I fell in love with this sweet star banner card of hers. I just adore the way she topped the stars with sweet flowers and pearls. The polka dots and fab twine complete with bows are wonderful. I love the layout of this card so I chose to CASE that, I reduced the number of stars and added some shabby flowers.


I traced the shape of a chipboard star I had to make three stars from card and stamped them using Text-It from Waltzingmouse Stamps in Memento Danube Blue ink. I rubbed the edges with some white acrylic paint. I punched a hole in the top of each star to thread it on my twine.


I embossed some green paper with the woodgrain embossing folder and rubbed some paint over bits of it to highlight some details. The sentiment is from Fancy Phrases by Waltzingmouse Stamps.


The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I did rub the tops with some white acrylic paint... I was in a painty mood!! : )


Check out the CASE Study blog to see what my teamies came up with and whose cards they CASEd! Enjoy the rest of your week!! It's wet and windy here, getting darker in the evening... starting to feel Autumnal!!

Chupa
Andrea Ewen
Amy Wanford
Christina Kowalczyk
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin (away at the moment)
Julie Smith
Sue Kohler
Teneale Williams

17 comments

  1. Just gorgeous!! Love those big roses.

    And I know what you mean about being autumnal - darker evenings, cooler and rain, lots of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous creation Clare ... from the beautiful distressing to the stunning flowers ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, your card is absolutely outstanding Clare! The banner is so pretty, and I love how you've hung it in those gorgeous clothespegs and the painted roses are fabulous!

    hugs,
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful beautiful card, the flower banner is such a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, My, what a surprise and great honour Clare - you are just too kind! - Thanks! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your card - such amazing flowers as always wonderful texture and beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I love roses and colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice of inspiration and a fabulous take too. Such texture and great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love the flower/star banner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super Pretty Card! Great casing job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is stunning. Love the soft colors and the sweet roses. I must remember how great it looks to distress in white!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Clare
    A beautiful card with soft gentle colours.
    The banner is perfect. I love the distressed look and you little pegs on the line are a great idea.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful case Clare! I love Karin's work too (as well as yours!!!) love your flowers (per usual!) and lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You cased it and nailed it.... My oh my if you don't mind I put this handmade jewel into my favorites folder. And case it one day. It's a real jaw dropper!I love love love the stars!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. a beautiful tribute to Karin's gorgeous work, with a true Clare flair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE all your gorgeously distressed details! And those floral stars are over the top amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.