CASE study #54

Thursday, August 25, 2011


Continuing our anniversary month at CASE Study, this week we want you to show us your signature style. Ok, so I'd describe my style as shabby, pretty and romantic. I like lots of layers, details and embellishments of course!! I'm a sucker for some lace and ribbon and I love to add trinket pins, flowers and cameos. I love distressing and adding some stitching to my cards.


I die cut some cardboard using Spellbinders Labels 18 and stamped one of the labels from Very Vintage Labels No.18 by Waltzingmouse Stamps and embossed in white, I masked the two lines in the middle of the stamp. The sentiment is from Live & Laugh by Hero Arts. The edges are rubbed with white ink and white acrylic paint. The little cameo I made with white Fimo and a silicone mold.


The sentiment on the little tag is from Say it Loud by Waltzingmouse Stamps stamped in Pink Grapefruit. The background paper is from Uncommon by Authentique Papers, I love these papers!!


The paper flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the pearl trinket pin I made. I also added some peach and white seam binding.


Check out the CASE Study Challenge Blog to see what amazing creations the rest of the DT have come up with!

Chupa
Andrea Ewen
Amy Wanford
Christina Kowalczyk
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Julie Smith
Sue Kohler
Teneale Williams


Isabelle's doing much better now. I took her to the doctor's on Monday morning, I just knew it wasn't just a fever caused by a virus, turns out she had a UTI and needed an antibiotic. I was worried sick about her, it's such a relief to see her improving now. She's enjoying the extra pampering : )

15 comments

  1. Beautiful card, Clare! The papers, flowers, etc. are gorgeous. Glad to hear Isabelle is much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Clare! This card speaks to me and makes me smile! I love the colors, the layers, the romance, and the beauty!
    Thanks for sharing your unique style-it is truly and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my dear dirty sister~!
    To this day I would dread describing my own "style" ... but you have totally captured yours in this post! ***bowing*** to your self-perception .. as well as your awesome inspiration!

    ~Bev
    TexasGrammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Clare ... love the colours and the beautiful embellies ... Hope your little one is fighting fit very soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare this is stunning!! What a sweet color and truly charming details! Your cameo is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous. I really love the colours & embellies! I almost bought that same paper the day before yesterday :) Well wishes for your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so stunning, Clare! I'd recognize your style anywhere! It is so fabulous! Shabby/chic is something that I work up towards on occasion. I'm still too CAS to be as perfect as this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Beautiful! I love the papers used and your layout for this card. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that I could have copied and pasted your style description right into my own blog post! I have to concur with it all, that shabby, romantic stuff really appeals to me, much like your card! Love the peachy tones and the generous amount of flowers, lace, bows, pins and general gorgeousness! Beautiful my dear! And glad to hear the little one is doing better...talk about tugging at your heart strings! It's so upsetting to see them ill!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Clare, a truly romantic card, so lovely in these peachy colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card Clare.

    irene
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOOOVE this one, Clare!! I absolutely adore your style... ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful creation Clare. I have some of those papers on their way but in a different colour scheme. They look wonderful here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear little Isabelle is feeling much better, it is always heartbreaking when the little ones are not well!
    This card is absolutely gorgeous, so much beauty to attract the eye, love your soft and feminine style! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.