Gathering flowers..

Wednesday, August 31, 2011



I'm just popping in with a photo of some of the pretty flowers Isabelle and I picked in the garden for flower pressing. I've been dying to use some pressed flowers on my cards. I can see the signs of autumn creeping into the garden so I thought I better pick a few before they all disappeared! Just a few violas, pansies and individual flowers from hydrangeas. I love how some of them are speckled pink! We'll see how they turn out after pressing.

Isabelle starts 'big school' tomorrow, so we're just relaxing today. We nearly have everything ready, names on books, school uniform ready!! She's so excited and keeps asking "are you sure I'm big enough?". Thankfully the first two weeks they have a shorter day to ease them into the routine. It will be strange not having her around as much but I can focus on some work and we can enjoy some quality time at the weekends.

I'll be back tomorrow with my CASE Study challenge card. See you then! Enjoy your day : )

3 comments

  1. Love these flowers and can't wait to see what you create with them. Happy first day of school to Isabelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful mix of petals for you to press, I can't wait to see what you do with them!

    Hope Isabelle's first day at Big School went well, ours don't go back til next Tuesday - my eldest is off to secondary school yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pressed lots one year ... still have lots .. but they do look lovely on cards and they are very delicate

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.