Ribbon Reel Challenge 8

Monday, August 8, 2011


Hello! I hope you had a great weekend, I spent some quality time with my family. We went to a little village called Dingle in Co.Kerry yesterday, we visited Dingle Oceanworld (an aquarium), the fish were amazing, they even had sharks and penguins! Isabelle loved it and got to bring home a cuddly penguin (the stuffed variety from the gift shop!!). The sun even came out and we got to enjoy some ice cream on the marina. On the way back home we took the scenic route (via Conor Pass) and stopped off at a lake (cirque) which involved a bit of rock climbing to get there! (Niall's idea!) So, a fun weekend! On to my card for the Ribbon Reel Challenge.


I love this stamp set You're Lovely by Waltzingmouse Stamps, this is the first chance I've had to use it!! That dress form is so gorgeous, here I just stamped it onto some patterned paper from Victoria Gardens by Echo Park. The label is stamped using Very Vintage Labels No.18 in Pear Tart ink.


The fabulous Silky Crush Parrot Green Ribbon is from The Ribbon Reel, it's such a gorgeous shade of green! The seam binding is Pearl Aqua also from The Ribbon Reel. The sentiment is from Big Day-Additions by Waltzingmouse Stamps.


I added a little bit of fab Velvet Ric Rac at the top of the card. The flowers I used in the cluster are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I also added a little bow of Twisted Burlap cord. Oh, here's this week's inspiration photo!



Ok, pop over to The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog to see the amazing creations from the rest of the DT. Play along to be in with a chance of winning some fabulous goodies from The Ribbon Reel. Have a great day!! I've loads to do this week, better make a list, I'm sure to forget something!!

15 comments

  1. Lovely, Clare, I'm really enjoying all the yellows I'm seeing this summer. And oh, that inspiration photo - I carried yellow roses when we got married, so I think I'll wander on over there and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare this is beautiful! Love the dress image you used and paper pieced for this stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Clare, I love the colours you picked this week and the photo too, a fab challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is spot on the challenge and the dress is amazing. The flowers are stunning too; it's lovely to look at a card that has 2 focal points. Unique and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't made it over to Dingle yet... sounds like fun! Love your card.. just gorgeous!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super inspiration photo this fortnight, your card is stunning. I would never have thought to use green on a wedding card but your card is beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely image and such a sweet and pretty card, Clare :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful. It's even in the colors of my wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very elegant card. Thanks for sharing. I am now following you from the CASE blog hop. I am really enjoying the different blogs. I am also a card maker, paper crafter, and digi scrapper.

    Michelle
    www.micheggy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even the twine adds to the elegant look. Tou have an eye for stlye. I love your blog and am glad to have found it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really gorgeous card! These colors are beautiful together. Love your work as I find it very inspiring - N.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.