The Ribbon Reel - Challenge #9

Monday, August 22, 2011



This week's challenge at The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog is 'Sugar Plum' - to use the colors Plum/Green/Silver or Grey plus neutrals. Here's the inspiration photo.


Ok, I kinda added a little burgundy in there but I had no violet supplies at all! Apart from the lovely satin pleat ribbon in plum from The Ribbon Reel. I don't really use purples and violets that much.


I added some seam binding, crochet lace (celery) and some silver ribbon all from The Ribbon Reel. The flower is a Prima flower but I took off the centre and added a vintage earring for a richer look.


The sentiment from Hero Arts I stamped using Versamark and heat embossed in silver for some added shimmer. Don't forget to check out the lovely creations from the rest of the DT at The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog and play along to be in with a chance of winning some goodies from The Ribbon Reel.

Lots to do this week but I'm preoccupied with Isabelle, she's a bit under the weather. She has had a high temperature over the weekend, it's been up and down, she's off her food, just nibbling and not sleeping too well. I'm not sure if it's a virus, she has no other symptoms, I'll have to bring her to the doc tomorrow if she doesn't improve. I always get stressed out when she's sick, it breaks my heart to see her unwell. Hoping she's a bit better tomorrow. : (

5 comments

  1. Such a pretty card, love that pleated ribbon flower and jewelled centre.

    I remember every time one of mine got sick, I never slept or anything, still can't when they're ill. I give mine calpol and nurofen together, it always seems to bring the temp down, poor little chick hope she feels better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! I love the bloom and the pleated ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, the burgundy works really well. I too have limited amounts of purple in my supplies.

    Hope Isabelle is feeling a little better today x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Clare! Hope Isabelle will be feeling much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is gorgeous, the ribbon flower is lush!
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.