Sweet yellows...

Wednesday, August 17, 2011


I managed to get a card done just for fun today. I've been having a thing for yellow recently so when I saw the color palette at CR84FN Color Challenge this week I just had to make a card! Here's the color palette CR84FN36. I just love kraft with yellow, it works so well.


I used some of the gorgeous papers from Victoria Gardens by Echo Park, I love these papers, I've never gone through a pad so fast! The friend sentiment is from Hero Arts Live and Laugh stamped in Coffee archival ink, I love those large sentiments! The dearest text is from Cameo to Go by Waltzingmouse Stamps stamped in lemon yellow. The banner tag is from Bitty Banners by Waltzingmouse Stamps.


The cameo I made from white Fimo and an Etsy mold, I picked out the yellow from the twill ribbon (from The Ribbon Reel) and painted with acrylic paints.You wouldn't think a yellow cameo would work!!


The lace I had in my stash. I also added a little feather, lemon seam binding bow and some yellow and white Baker's Twine from The Ribbon Reel.


Ok, I'll be back tomorrow with my card for the CASE Study Challenge! See you then!! : ) Have a great day!

17 comments

  1. Hi Claire

    Now I confess that yellow is not a colour I would usually use - in fact the only time I've used it was in a blog challenge! BUT now I see how you've used it - and made it look soooo pretty I think I need to re-think about using it more! It does go so well with the kraft (in fact I find kraft paper so kind to sooo many colours don't you!)

    Anyway take care and speak soon.

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!
    Love every little element...
    it all goes together so beautifully!
    Have been eyeing some of those cameos myself...
    you did a fabby job with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Claire

    Another stunning bautiful card. The yellows are gorgeous and so sunny, and you are so right the yellow cameo is perfect.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so soft and pretty! The bit of lace peeking out is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire this card is really beautiful and your right yellow definitely goes with craft.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! I love your hand-made cameos!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Utterly gorgeous!!! I do like the way you make your own cameoes and the way you used patterned papers. I've loads, but am never quite sure about using them! Such a pretty card - thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colours on this card! Simply elegant :)

    We'd love to have you play along with the Polkadot Door!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yellow! Love yellow! Your card made my mouth water! It's so scrumptious (or I'm hungry--hee hee). Seriously love what you did with this color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Clare! So elegant! Love the beautiful cameo! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. an elegant fabulous card..really done well with the colors

    ReplyDelete
  12. My oh my your handmade cameos are pricelss and it looks gorgeous in yellow! And so does your card; stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty, Clare! And that cameo is gorgeous. A yellow cameo certainly works, you proved it!
    Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Clare, LOVE the cameo amd that gorgeous paper and lace! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clare, this is positively EXQUISITE!!! I can't believe you MADE that cameo!!! WOWZAS!!! GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bewutiful , very beautiful card.
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card. Your cameo looks store bought. I love it. I was hoping that you found it in a store. Well, beautiful card, I am going to head back and look at more of your wonderful creations.
    cstephenson at q dot com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.