Vintage Halloween with Cicely!

Saturday, August 13, 2011




Good morning! It's that time again, time for another new sketch at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge (WMSC60). This week's sketch is designed by the lovely Kelly Schirmer. I love this sketch.


It's the first chance I've had to play with my Halloween stamps. I just love Cicely at Halloween by Waltzingmouse Stamps, she's perfect for coloring, even though I'm painfully slow at it!!


I colored her with acrylic paints on a separate piece of card and cut her out, I did the same with the pumpkin (twice for a little added dimension). I used a glue pen on her hat, cloak and shoes and sprinkled with black glitter, leftover from last Halloween! The stars are from Midnight Feast by Waltzingmouse Stamps, stamped in black ink at the top and Antique Linen at the bottom. Oh I added a little swirl coming from her wand from the Flourishes - Scallops and Dots set.


The label I stamped using Very Vintage Labels No.18 by Waltzingmouse Stamps in VersaMagic Persimmon and Pink Grapefruit. The sentiment is from Cicely at Halloween.


I'm pretty happy with how she turned out, she really came to life!! and I had fun! Pop over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge to see what the rest of the Mischief Makers and WMS DT came up with! Don't forget to play along to be in with a chance of winning a stamp set of your choice. Have a great weekend! : )

Supplies:


Card/Paper: Cream card, black glitter card
Stamps: Cicely at Halloween, Very Vintage Labels No.18, Flourishes - Scallops and Dots, Midnight Feast all Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Black Archival ink, VersaMagic Pink Grapefruit and Persimmon, Distress Ink Antique Linen
Other: Acrylic paints, glue pen, black glitter, Spellbinders Labels 18, purple satin ribbon.

14 comments

  1. This is wonderful - I think Cecily is super - and your colouring and sparkle are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Clare

    Wow your card is just brilliant - I love it.
    The stamping background is perfect, as is your little image.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card, Clare! The image is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful details on this great Halloween card Clare! love the sparkly coat and hat, the sparkles off the wand and the pretty cut labels at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I die!!
    This is so gorgeous...
    your coloring is fabby...
    love how you "sparkled" her!
    The colors...
    the vintage feel...
    love, love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous!! love the stamp and your amazing colouring in ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my this is totally fab! Love your Halloween card so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card made me think of an image in an old childrens'book. Fabulous inspiration and a gorgeous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Cecily! Your coloring and adding glitter is just the right touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so gorgeous, Clare! I looove the black glitter on her coat and the colors are just perfect!! Great layout for this image!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clare I love your vintage Halloween card! It's perfectly colored. I am slow at it too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had me at the black glittery coat, Clare! This is one of my favorite cards that you have ever made! Everything about it is perfect from her sweet little outfit, the amazing coloring, that GORGEOUS topper (as Edna would say!) and the starry background. It's sweet vintage fabulousness (did I make that phrase up?)! I just LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clare, the vintage style of this card is amazing! I just love the stars in the background and the color combination. This seriously should be published! Yep! It's that amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!!! This is wonderful and an excellent take on the sketch!!! Love the labels at the top and Cicely is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.