WMSC59 - Burlap pocket

Saturday, August 6, 2011


Good morning!! It's time for another great sketch at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge (WMSC59), this fabulous sketch was designed by my fellow teamie Kelly Schirmer. I thought I'd have trouble with the angles but the idea of a pouch just popped into my head.


I love stamps that make great backgrounds, there's a gorgeous little one in Ovals - Classic Frames by Waltzingmouse Stamps. It's a simple cross shape and it's very easy to repeat stamp to make a fab background paper.


I used some pretty flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, the leaves I made by stamping some card using the polka dot stamp from Gingham & Co and then stamped with the leaf stamp from Roses in Bloom. I rubbed the edges with the same green ink.


The sentiment is from one of my favorite sets Say it Loud by Waltzingmouse Stamps and I just cut around it. The die-cut doily is stamped with Text-It.


I wrapped some twine around the burlap pocket and added a little tag stamped with text from Fancy Phrases. The burlap adds great texture to the card, I'll definitely use it again.


Pop on over to the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge to see what the rest of the team have created, I'm sure you'll be inspired! Don't forget to play along to be in with a chance of winning a stamp set of your choice.


I used this week's color palette #70 from The Color Room, with the burlap as my neutral color. I love the pink and orange together, you wouldn't think that would work! Have a great weekend!! : )


Supplies:


Card/Paper: White card, green paper
Stamps: Text-It, Say it Loud, Fancy Phrases, Ovals - Classic Frames, Roses in Bloom all Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink coffee, Memento Pear Tart, Memento Rose Bud, Versamagic Persimmon
Other: Twine, sewing machine, flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, burlap fabric, Dienamics Dainty Doily, die-cutting machine.

17 comments

  1. Love this color combo. Your card is so adorable. The burlap makes it a bit unique. Thanks for some great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So unique Clare and so very effective ... love your background and those adorable flowers ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours, so much texture and pretty details. I really like this card. The burlap looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this sketch and your card is gorgeous, Clare, as always! Love coming here to absorb the loveliness that your blog exudes! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get OUT, Clare! That burlap pocket is just the coolest thing!! The dreamy colors, the beautiful patterned paper you made, those FLOWERS!, and the doily all tucked in...just an amazing creation. Can't even believe it's from my plain ole' sketch, hee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! Thanks for sharing your techniques & creations. Great blog! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning and beautiful card Clare. I love how you have made the background paper, and your flowers are stunning.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought the sketch was difficult at first sight but you make it look so easy and pretty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Love how you used the burlap.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, gorgeous colours and super idea for the burlap pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love every element of this beautiful card Clare! the burlap looks wonderful and your flowers are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, Miss Clare! This card is exactly what I wanted to create (if I had only been so clever)! You make it look so easy to come up with such gorgeous cards. The burlap flaps are genius!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh such a pretty card:) I must try and find the time to join in with this weeks sketch.
    Shaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous again Clare! A fab take on this great sketch, I love that burlap pocket and the wonderful stamped background!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so GORGEOUS Clare! I never would have thought burlap would look so amazing with the soft and feminine colour palette! You are a master with the scissors too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful card! Love your use of the burlap pocket, really unique!
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.