WMSC61 and Girly and Gutsy

Saturday, August 20, 2011


Good Morning! We have two wonderful sketches for you today at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge, well one sketch two versions. This week you have the option of making a card or a layout. I went with the card, I'm not that comfortable with layouts! This sketch is open to interpretation, I took some liberties with it! : ) Visit the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog to see the sketch for the layout. The sketches were designed by the talented Sarah Martina Parker this week.


I also used this week's Tuesday Trigger from Moxie Fab World - Girly and Gutsy. I'm certainly girly but not often that gutsy, so I thought I'd give this one a go! It's such a striking photo. The bold black lines hit me straight away and WOW that rug, that certainly is gutsy! I love that it's teamed with pink, touches of sparkle and a zing of almost a golden chartreuse. One inspiring photo!


That bold pattern in the rug reminded me of one of the fab motif stamps in the Victorian Frippery set by Waltzingmouse Stamps, so I did a little repeat stamping in black on some white card to make my background paper. Turned out pretty bold alright!


I used some pink pearlescent card for the top half of the card and I embossed it using a herringbone embossing folder to create some reflection and shimmer.


I used one of my favorite labels from Very Vintage Labels No.18 from Waltzingmouse Stamps stamped using Memento Pear Tart. The sentiment is from Say it Loud. I stamped the lady silhouette from Cameo Creations and cut her out, I attempted Claire's pearl technique but I think I need a little more practice.


Ok, check out the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog to see what amazing creations the rest of the team have come up with! Don't forget to play along to be in with a chance of winning a stamp set of your choice! Have a wonderful weekend folks! : )

The Rose of Tralee Festival is on this weekend in my hometown, it's a kind of personality contest for young ladies from all over the world! There's a parade with floats, lots of things happening in the town, fairground, circus..... etc. Check out the website if you want to know more. Hopefully we'll pop into Tralee, Isabelle was a little under the weather yesterday so I'll see how she is.

17 comments

  1. Clare, you are the queen of pretty! What a gorgeous card. I love the herringbone embossing. The whole card works so well.
    Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Clare! I love how you always cut out those Say It Loud sentiments, too. It gives your cards such pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! lots of great detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Queen of pretty, indeed!!! Love the frippery image black on white!!! Sentiment pops with the labels and bg details!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, Clare, and you've captured the essence of the trigger so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Hope you get to go the festival. I've heard so much about them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so pretty ... love your stamping

    ReplyDelete
  8. FABULOUS! This is spot on ... girly and gutsy! The black and white pattern is a perfect match and who doesn't love the cameo look?! You put a lot of thought into this and it shows - looks like a another Tuesday Trigger winner to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are girly and gutsy in book! Your cards always make me say "Uh HUH, yeah!!!" . Perfect in every way! Thanks for the inspo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is so pretty! I love how you have combined those patterns and textures, and the challenges all in one card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an elegant card - love the colour combination. The bold border looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really so pretty! You did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty and elegant. Love the silhouette image. The colors looks lovely together. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Black, pink and green; sigh...Love that cameo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card! I love how you fussy cut the cameo. And I love how you stamped the layer across the bottom (totally thought it was patterned paper at first). Another WMS set I have to check out:) TFS!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.