WMSC62 - banner tag

Saturday, August 27, 2011


This week's sketch (WMSC62) at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge is designed by WMS Design team member Anya Schrier. As you can see I didn't take the sketch too literally, I used each of the rectangles as elements instead.


I did struggle with this one a bit, maybe because I haven't made a tag in a while or maybe because I just wasn't 'in the zone'! We all get those days right?


I used Bitty Banners from Waltzingmouse Stamps to stamp the little banners onto some felt using VM Oasis Green and Pink Grapefruit. The polka dot background is stamped in VersaMagic Aspen Mist using Gingham & Co. The sentiment is from Say it Loud.


The little sentiment 'your big day' is from Half Pint Heroes by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I wrapped some green and white Baker's Twine around the tag. The white buttons I made with Fimo, I just pressed different items into the Fimo to make an impression then I used the cap of a bottle of Glimmer Mist as a circle cutter and poked two holes in the middle. Fun to make, I left these ones white but you could paint them.


I used the colors from this week's challenge at The Play Date Cafe (PDCC96.)


Ok don't forget to check out the creations from the rest of the Mischief Makers and some of the WMS DT at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. Play along to be in with a chance of winning a stamp set of your choice. Have a great weekend! : )

20 comments

  1. What a lovely tag Clare ... Love your buttons and the stamped felt banner ... very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag. Love the sweet little buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely Tag Clare, Love the colours and the banner. Beautiful.
    have a nice weekend and greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, if this is "struggling"...! Love the banners, buttons, and baker's twine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so pretty!! Very cute buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Clare, do you know you could make money selling those adorable buttons on Etsy?? THose are the neatest things! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date CAfe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet and precious tag! Those buttons and the colors are just great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It doesn't look like you struggled with it at all!! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful, Clare! Thanks for the info on the buttons, I was admiring them and curious as to where you'd bought them. . . now I know, I need to get a bit more creative and make some for myself!
    Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Claire, this is so, so , so gorgeous! I especially love the softness of your tag and those cute wee felt banners! Beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  11. very fun card! I love all of the soft texture and elements!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very cute! Love the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness this is precious! Love everything about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beatiful tag Clare, gorgeous details and love the beautiful buttons!

    Hugs Corine

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE those sweet, little, felt pennants! Such a beautifully designed tag! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those felt banners, lace, and buttons!! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning, congrats on your PDC shout out... I've got my very CAS take on the sketch sorted.... coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is really pretty - I do like the felt banner across the top!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.