Cameo and paper ruffle

Monday, September 26, 2011


Hello! I hope you all had a nice weekend. I had a great day Saturday teaching some lovely ladies card making techniques at a workshop at The Crafty Alley Shop in Killarney. I showed them the paper ruffle technique and how to make some flower embellishments. They did a great job! Ok, I thought I'd just share this card with you, it is technically a 'reject'! but that's ok because I had two other cards accepted for that submission! I did like this one though but I guess you never know which one they'll pick! (if any!)


Here I used Ovals - Classic Frames by Waltzingmouse Stamps and Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large. The silhouette from Cameo Creations is stamped in Coffee Archival ink and I distressed the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink. The background paper and ruffle I stamped using one of the motif stamps from Ovals -Classic Frames in VersaMagic Tea Leaves.


The sentiment is from Frame-it by Waltzingmouse Stamps stamped again in Coffee ink onto a Spellbinders Double Ended Tag. See previous post for paper ruffle tutorial.


The green paper I die-cut with Spellbinders Labels Eighteen is from the Margarita Collection by American Crafts, I embossed it with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. The green patterned paper I used to cover the base is from the same collection. Lots to do this week, better make a start! Enjoy your week!

Supplies:


Cardstock: White card
Patterned Paper: American Crafts Margarita (Santo Domingo) and (Pico de Gallo)
Stamps: Ovals - Classic Frames, Cameo Creations, Frame-It from Waltzingmouse Stamps 
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink Coffee, VersaMagic Tea Leaves, Distress Ink Antique Linen
Dies: Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large, Double ended tags, Labels Eighteen
Other: Brown seam binding, Cream crochet lace, green/white Baker's twine, natural twine, foam pads, Swiss dots embossing folder.

9 comments

  1. A beautiful and stunning card.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Clare! This is just GORGEOUS! I LOVE that colour combo (especially that YUMMY lime green), the paper ruffle, and that FAB LO! I DON'T think it's a reject...it's DIVINE! It's funny, hey, how sometimes the cards you like best aren't the ones that seem to get the most praise or win challenges, etc...lol, happens to me, too. But, I have to agree with you, this is FABULOUS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely!!! Love those colors, sets off the cameo perfectly!!! Will be trying the ruffles soon, thanks for the tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Какая красотища! Очаровательно!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Imcould only guess that there are just too many submissions and they have to spread out the love, becausenthis card is perfect and beautiful. I just can't get over how much the ruffles look like fabric! I'm totally amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love this cameo, and the beautiful paper ruffle! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL!!! You really are the paper ruffle queen - it is sooo beautiful on your cards - I still haven't dared to try (-:

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.