CASE Study #56

Thursday, September 8, 2011


Hi! Busy week, we're still adjusting to the new routine, I'm looking forward to the weekend just so we can all have a little lie in! Isabelle's still settling into school, we're still trying to get her to eat a little more lunch and hoping she gains some confidence to make some new friends. I suppose it'll just take time.
Ok on to my CASE Study card, a new color combo for me, inspired by the Crate Paper Farmhouse papers and Julie's card, a little more color than I usually go for but I like it! Here's Julie Lacey's card, our September muse.


I love Julie's layout, the punchy colors she used, the fab label, the lace, sweet bow and flower that gives it a nice feminine touch. I chose to CASE most of these elements in my card.


The label I stamped using Very Vintage Labels No.4 by Waltzingmouse Stamps, the sentiment is from Live and Laugh by Hero Arts. The cardboard label I die-cut using Spellbinders Labels Eighteen and roughed it up a bit!


I'm still loving these no sew paper ruffles, here I used some orange paper and spritzed the back with water to make it more workable, ruffled it up and secured with double sided tape, the water makes all the difference!! Just make sure it's dry before you add the tape. The turquoise lace is from American Crafts, I also added some scrunchy seam binding and yellow and white baker's twine from The Ribbon Reel.


The sweet little cherry blossom flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, I love this size, it works with so many different arrangements!


Papers I used are from Crate Paper Farmhouse and Random! Love these!! Ok, check out what the rest of the CASE Study design team have created. I must go work on the rest of my DD cards for Splitcoaststampers, I can't believe I'm nearly half way through my term already!! Time really does fly!

Chupa
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Cristina Kowalczyk
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Julie Smith
Teresa Kline
Teneale Williams

Oh yea almost forgot, this week there's a sponsor Whimsie Doodles and they're offering a wonderful prize of $15 Gift Certificate to the store!!

6 comments

  1. Beautiful card, Clare! Love the pop of color with the orange and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Clare! Your mix of colors is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. luv the pleats...sweet papers and style...hope you have a fabby weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Clare, gorgeous colours x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of the pleating on this Clare. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colourful, ruffly layers! Wonderful Clare, truely onderful.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.