CASE Study #57

Thursday, September 15, 2011


Sorry my blog has been a little quiet, I've been a bit under the weather. Just a cold I can't seem to shake. Everything seems to be taking longer to do than usual though. Ok, here's my CASE Study card, Julie Lacey is our muse this month and here's her fabulous inspiration card his week.


 I love the layout of Julie's card, the bold black accents, circular focal point and the way she layered the sentiment. So I CASEd these elements in my card. I couldn't resist adding the paper ruffle, I am addicted to this technique lately, I love the texture it adds to a card.


Papers I used are from Lost and Found Two Sunshine from My Mind's Eye and the Portrait Collection from Crate Paper. I love the polka dots!


I used Ovals - Classic Frames from Waltzingmouse Stamps for the frame and the sentiment is from Fancy Phrases. The text is from a Crafty Secrets stamp set and the bird is from (a set I can't remember.. sorry!)


Don't forget to check out the rest of the amazing creations from the CASE Study design team. I'll be back on saturday with my Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge card. Enjoy the rest of the week!

Chupa
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Cristina Kowalczyk
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Julie Smith
Teresa Kline
Teneale Williams

20 comments

  1. Beautiful cards Clare, love the paper ruffle and gorgeous papers.

    Gr. Corine

    ReplyDelete
  2. That paper ruffle is great; I thought it was fabric!

    Shelly X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so lovely Clare ... love the ruffle and I adore the colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clare you just amaze me!! That ruffled paper looks stunning - what a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Clare, and more paper ruffles! You make them look so easy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love the paper ruffle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Clare....love that ruffled paper look! Your whole card is beautiful...I can't wait to check out your DD stuff for this month...Yay! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW...gorgeous, Clare! I had to check to see if that was a paper ruffle...it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card!! I'm enjoying your paper ruffles too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really nice card Clare, I especially love the paper ruffle and the stitching. Well done.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your take on the inspiration card. Great colur combo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty! I love the yellow added to the neutral color palette, and the dotted paper ruffle is such a great touch!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm popping by to wish you rid of that cold....and to give you my congratulations on your appointment to the other Claire's dt....it's no surprise to me at all as I knew in my heart it would come sooner rather than later. Looking forward to seeing more of your interpretation of WMS designs. Best Wishes

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'v never seen a paper ruffle & had to look at it close up as I thought it was fabric. Awesome look & what a fun new technique. Gorgeous card. Now if only I can figure out your trick to making that ruffle !
    Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card! Love the paper ruffle!
    Congratulations on your new DT position, so well deserved! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dripping with elegance and I just love love love those polka dots.
    I hope you are on the mend and feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you feel better and wanted to say welcome to the WMS Design Team! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful!!
    http://natiquill.blogspot.com
    Nati from Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving the paper ruffle with the great polka dotted paper- it really does look like fabric! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.