Garden glory...

Friday, September 9, 2011



Just popping in with a card I made for this week's Tuesday Trigger - Garden Glory at Moxie Fab World. I love the inspiration photo, so fresh, I love a little bit of blue and green together! I wanted to keep this one fresh so I left a lot of white space.


I really wanted to capture the freshness of the garden so I added some real foliage!! I have been pressing some flowers recently but they're not ready yet so I bought some vacuum packed bags of pressed flowers and foliage. They are pretty delicate so it's best to use a tweezers when handling them. I just added them to my card with some tiny dots of an acid free glue. The frame I made using Spellbinders Labels 18 and Classic Ovals large. The background is embossed using the woodgrain folder.


The printed text is from Pink Paislee Daily Junque ephemera pack. The Baker's Twine is from the same collection. (Some of my goodies from The Gallery Idol comp!)


The green patterned paper is from Crate Paper Random, I just LOVE that shade of green! It reminds me of fresh moss!! I also added some turquoise seam binding.


A little different from my usual but it's good to step outside the box and explore new things, right? Ok, I'll be back tomorrow with my card for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge, see you then! : )

20 comments

  1. this is beautiful! I too sometimes use real plants on my work. This one looks like a winner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card, Clare! I love the freshness of the blue, green and white combo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've really captured the inspiration photo! Love the fern in your card - so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Clare ... LOVE the fresh look ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A brilliant card Clare, I especially love the foilage and your gorgeous green and white colour combo.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card! The colors feel so fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Clare - this is absolutely amazing! So beautiful and a VERY, VERY moxie FAB take on that picture! Love it! Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clare, Very pretty! Love that foliage - it looks so intricate and delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Clare! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning Clare... love how you added the foliage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This card is AMAZING! Love it! Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So delicate & beautiful - I love the white woodgrain!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Love how you used the real foliage.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, Clare! Congrats on your trigger win!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply amazing! You even took my breath away there for a minute! Very clever to have your little "window" Congrats on the shout out at Moxie Fab.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So delicate and peaceful! I love the woodgrain background and the framed leaves.
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! Congrats on your selection as winner. Well deserved! Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.