The Ribbon Reel - Challenge #11 (Happy Birthday)

Monday, September 19, 2011



Thanks to everyone who has left comments on my blog, I truly appreciate each and every one! I love to get round and visit your blogs but I've been so tight on time recently I just haven't had much of a chance. I will as soon as I can! SO on to another card! It's time for a new challenge at The Ribbon Reel, this week it's the theme of birthdays, to use ribbon/lace/twine. Here's the inspiration photo but you don't have to use the colors.


I chose the lovely soft turquoise color from the photo to use in my card. I layered lots of elements here, Very Vintage Labels No.18 from Waltzingmouse Stamps, I used Spellbinders Labels 18 for both and embossed some swiss dots but I used the reverse for a change. I used some gorgeous Turquoise Sheer Ruffle (can't get enough of this!! love it!) and some Guipure Lace drops in white.


The sentiment is from Say it Loud from Waltzingmouse Stamps and I just inked the edges with Distress Ink. Papers are from Melissa Frances.


I layered some Cameo Beige Seam Binding over some Cream Scallop lace and on top of that I added some gorgeous Lace and Pearls all from The Ribbon Reel.


This pretty Hybrid Tea Rose is also from The Ribbon Reel. Don't forget to visit The Ribbon Reel Challenge blog to see what the rest of the DT have come up with and play along to be in with a chance of winning some fabulous goodies from The Ribbon Reel store. I'll be back later on today for the Waltzingmouse Stamps Release Blog Waltz!! Do join me then! : )

9 comments

  1. Pure gorgeousness!! Love the teal stripes in the BG and the cluster of flowers w/ribbon and lace is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Clare! Love the colour combination and the layering is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful and stunning card.

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh this is so gorgeous, love the turquoise, with the pink and white, so soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always you've created a stunning card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is a BEAUTY!! Clever lady :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful beyond words! No wonder you have been chosen as a WMS DT member! Enjoy the ride x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe...these are the kind of acrds I dream of :)
    I know you put a lot of time, effort and love into your projects and the result is always gorgeous. This beauty took my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Clare, I love the colours used and your rose cluster.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.