WMS September Preview Day Three!

Sunday, September 18, 2011



Today is day three of the previews we've been having for the Waltzingmouse Stamps September release. (All four stamp sets will be available to purchase tomorrow the 19th of September) Today we're looking at one of the Halloween stamp sets called Hocus Pocus. As you can see I made some fun treat bags!


I LOVE the sentiments in this set, so I decided to make them the focus of my little treat bags. Isn't this the perfect Halloween font. I layered the labels onto some green die-cut labels stamped with Holiday Labels No.14. The Yummy Sweets text is from Say it Loud - Autumn/Winter. The bottom of the bag I stamped with the motif from Hocus Pocus just on the edge.


Another of the fabulous sentiments, I distressed the edges with Distress Ink in Antique Linen. I die-cut one of the labels from Spellbinders Fancy Tags in black and layered that under the label.


One of the other sentiments in the Hocus Pocus set, I added the little crow on top (also from the same set) just to balance it.


The little banner I made at the top using Bitty Banners stamped in VersaMagic Persimmon and black. I love the stars from Midnight Feast, they make a great background, so I added them to the top.


The bags I used are actually Kraft Coffee tin tie baggies - small that I bought from Waltzingmouse Stamps. They were a little long for what I wanted so I snipped a bit off the top and punched two holes in the top and threaded some ribbon through. The back ties with a simple bow. I stamped the fun sentiment from Midnight Feast just at the bottom of the back.


Well I hope you enjoyed Hocus Pocus, now check out the other Design Team Ladies sharing previews today! I'll be back tomorrow for the release day blog waltz!! : )

19 comments

  1. Wow Clare, these look amazing. Scrummy infact!! i really love all the detail on those bags - the labels in particular look fab - the way you used Fancy Tags in black behind the main sentiment looks lovely and banner is just adorable - it all just fits together so well - anyone would be delighted to receive these on Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moley these are stunning Clare!!!! SOOO well put together, every detail is brilliant!! WOW! I am loving these!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare, these are amazing! I love how you stamped that Midnight Feast sentiment on the back. You make magical backgrounds with that teeny star set stamp. The banner at the top is too sweet! I wouldn't even want to open this to see what was inside, it's too cute to "wrinkle" up :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh, these are fabulous Clare!! I got some of these bags from Claire last week for the exact same thing! My kids have invited to a Halloween party, so I'm going to sent them with some gifts for the hosts! I love the fab labels, and the halloween wreath is just gorgeous, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like these bags!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the hocus pocus stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute idea. Love the sentiments also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These bags are fabulous! I love every piece and bit of it. That label is a brilliant focal point and I love all the tiny stars. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these bags Clare!! what fun banners and the bat wreath stampings look great along the bottom! I like the sentiment you put on the back too!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just awesome. I love the banner and how you framed the bottom of the bag with the Halloween "snowflake" stamp. I love that pop of green behind the sentiments. Fabulous Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These treat bags are so great, I love the stars and the little banners on the bag, and was amazed at the little fancy label diecut behind the focal point. So smart and creative. I loved these today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These bags are so fabulously stunning...
    I die!
    Love every little detail you added to these...
    the banners...
    the sentiments...
    the back!
    I think a little girls classmates will find these so incredibly enticing...
    and you will be volunteered for every artsy project from now until she graduates...
    *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  12. What cute projects, thank you so much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Almost makes me wish we did celebrate Halloween here.....love the detailing on these bags.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable! Such a great treat packaging idea! I love how you have combined so many different sets to create this look!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your gift bags w/ the banners, the stars, and the pretty motif at the bottom, but the topper is that you stamped that little saying on the back: so fun!! Hope you are getting over your cold: let us know when you post your card on the reveal day. I hope it is passing quickly for you!!! Hugs, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've got these bags - haven't used them yet - but you've given me lots of ideas!! I do like the sweet banners and the sentiment labels are just super!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great bags - love your use of different stamp sets and I may have to borrow your ideas- ahem-lol!
    Heather (Montreal)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such perfect bags for Halloween. So many good ideas to try. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  19. What cute bags! They are a treat in themselves!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.