WMSC63 - Ruffles

Saturday, September 3, 2011



Hi! It's time for another great sketch from the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge, this week's sketch (WMSC63) is designed by the talented Anya Schrier. I flipped the sketch upside down for my card. I love this Halloween color combo, it's the one time I actually like using purple!

I was totally inspired by Windy Robinson's post on 'No Sew Ruffles' at Papercrafts Connection, she had some great tips on making paper ruffles without any sewing. I found her tip on spraying the paper lightly on the back with water really helpful, it made it so easy to shape the ruffles! You'll be seeing lots more ruffles from me! I love the texture and dimension they bring to a card.


I used plain colored paper for each ruffle, I stamped the orange paper with the spider stamp from Halloween Party Stamp set by Waltzingmouse Stamps, the purple paper is stamped with the bat stamp from the same set. I stamped the white paper with the fab stars from Midnight Feast and distressed the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink.


The 'Boo' sentiment is from Midnight Feast by Waltzingmouse Stamps, I rubbed the card with a little VersaMagic Persimmon in the centre before I stamped the boo circle in black. The little bit of orange seam binding brought the whole card together.


To add some dimension to the BOO sentiment I folded a little piece of card and added it to the back to attach it to the card. It really pops off the card!


I really love how this one turned out! Check out the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge to see what fab creations the rest of the Mischief Makers and come of the WMS DT came up with. Don't forget to play along to be in with a chance of winning a stamp set of your choice! Enjoy your weekend! : )

Supplies:


Cardstock: White card
Paper: Orange, white and purple paper
Stamps: Halloween Party Stamp Set, Midnight Feast from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Black archival ink, VersaMagic Persimmon, Distress Ink Antique Linen
Other: Twine, beige seam binding, orange seam binding.

8 comments

  1. Brilliant!!! A really pretty (!) Halloween card. The paper ruffle looks wonderful. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just divine Clare! I love it! Those ruffles are to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, Clare! Love all the halloween ruffles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you, Clare ... purple and Halloween go together perfectly -- otherwise, I'm really not a purple person! I loved Windy's tutorial on the paper ruffles and gave it a try on a LO this week too -- so delicious! LOVE your card, girlfriend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, lots of little tips today with this gorgeous sketch challenge card. I love those ruffles, thought they were fabric before I read your post. Great tip to pop up that little round "Boo" tag. Very inspirational this week Clare, loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!
    And you mean to tell me that's paper!?
    I thought it was fabric...
    stunning!!
    So yummy gorgeous...
    love, love, love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen Halloween Cards as pretty as this one! And yes, the ruffles made everything looks soooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clare, I love this card. Those ruffles are fantastic. Thanks for the tips on how to make them - I've never tried that but you've inspired me to give it a go. Your card is just perfect - the ruffles, the twine the big bow - LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.