WMSC63 - tackling white space

Saturday, September 10, 2011



Hi! I'm back with my card for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge (WMSC64), I'm also making an attempt to work with more white space too. A major challenge for me! Here's this week's sketch, another one from the talented Anya Schrier.

I love this week's sketch, it's nice and simple and open to interpretation. I used some of my fav Waltzingmouse Stamps sets for this card. I used the gorgeous Victorian Frippery border (I never get tired of this one!) stamped in Memento Bahama Blue and cut it out, I used some foam pads to add some dimension. I stamped the polka dots using Gingham & Co and the same blue ink.


I used Say it Loud by Waltzingmouse Stamps for the sentiment and cut out, again raised on foam pads. The little bit of green paper at the bottom is from Crate Paper Random.


I added a little bit of sparkle with the turquoise gems and some lemon seam binding. I also used this week's Tuesday Trigger inspiration photo from Moxie Fab World. 


I just love the colors in this, I love the pop of turquoise blue teamed with that fab shade of green, very fresh!


Ok, that's all for now, don't forget to check out the rest of the Mischief Makers creations at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog and play along to be in with a chance of winning a stamp set of your choice!! Have a great weekend! : )

13 comments

  1. A beautiful and stunning card. I love every detail.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare, love your card. Great take on the trigger too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare- very pretty - love the how you used the Frippery set - the lace in that turquoise really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is gorgeous girl, I luv the colors and the raised edge, perfect...hope you have a super day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful! I like how you bumped out the border and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bright, fresh, zingy - a lovely clean and simple design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful and charming!! I love your polka dotted top with your frippery border!! WOW!! And the colors you put together are just fabulous!! What a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the white space and your fussy cutting! Great take on the trigger, this week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Clare! Thanks again for linking up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just bought Victorian Frippery strickly because of this card. I love that great big lacy image. The colors are so bright and the say it loud sentiment cut out fit the sketch perfectly. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful color combination. You have captured the colors and feel of the inspiration perfectly. And I envy your ability to celebrate "white space" something I am definitely not good at. Thanks for sharing your talents and inspiring us with your art!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very pretty! I love the fussy-cut sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.