CASE Study #60

Thursday, October 6, 2011


It's October, so that means we have a brand new muse at CASE Study and it's none other than the amazingly talented Niki Estes. I love her amazing use of color and fantastic coloring skills! Here's Niki's card that we CASEd this week! 


I just loved the layout of Niki's card with the butterfly focal point. I went for a more pastel version and used a cameo as my focal point. I struggled a bit with this one, just an off day I think! 


The background paper is from Victoria Gardens by Echo Park. The oval I stamped using Ovals - Classic Frames from Waltzingmouse Stamps. The cameo I made using some white Fimo and silicone mold. It's painted with acrylic paint..


The fabulous sentiment is from Big Day - Additions from Waltzingmouse Stamps. The edges of the card I brushed with some white paint.


I used Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Square die for the ornate square and I embossed a panel with a script embossing folder. Don't forget to check out the rest of the creations from the rest of the CASE Study DT. I'll be busy looking for my mojo! 

16 comments

  1. Simply gorgeous!!! So feminine and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, a truly beautiful creation. Absolutely gorgeous and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty, luv the softness!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, so beautifully romantic, Clare...love the soft colors and the delicate accents! So perfectly feminine~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooooooo glad you stuck with it!!! This card is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!! So soft and very elegant!!!! Your struggle was soooo worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clare, this is so pretty! I love the colors and beautiful cameo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful beautiful card ... love your take on casing Niki's card

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING!!! Love the soft colorcombo and beautiful cameo and bow!

    Hugs Corine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish my good days crafting looked as beautiful as your "off" days! lol This is so pretty--love the colors and the white diecut.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Clare, there's nothing wrong with your mojo at all! Love those little cameos you make, so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow Clare - totally stunning. I love EVERYTHING - in particular the lovely textures - the lacy square die cut and the cameo - just divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful and stunning card with such soft serene colours. I love your fimo cameo.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is just you Clare, pure, simple, elegant and softly coloured....and you really inspire me to go and get a few moulds and have a go making my own cameo type embellishments...better than buying and shipping from the U.S. Great work, as usual of course!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Clare, I love the soft colors, beautiful embossing and that fab pink cameo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely gorgeous, so pretty and the soft colour palette is fabulous! Another stunner!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.