CASE Study #62

Thursday, October 20, 2011


It's time for another new card at the CASE Study challenge, it's week three with Niki Estes as our muse. Here's Niki's fab CAS card. I love the clean lines, that amazing shade of green, the focal point of the flower and bold text. So I CASEd all these elements in my card.


For the Poinsettia I used the Big Blooms - Poinsettia stamp set from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I stamped the medium sized flower onto red card three times using brown ink. I cut out various leaves for each layer and inked the edges with Distress Ink to add depth. The centre I colored with a gold ink pen. To make the gold brighter on the red card I colored it white first, then went over with the gold pen.


The sentiment is from Say it Loud - Winter Holiday from Waltzingmouse Stamps. The green background was plain green card I stamped with the motif from Ovals - Classic Frames in VersaMagic Tea Leaves.


Don't forget to check out the rest of the CASE Study DT creations, they're amazing as always!! Lots to get done this week! Eeeek!

Chupa
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Cristina Kowalczyk
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Julie Smith
Teresa Kline
Teneale Williams

5 comments

  1. such a gorgeous card, luv the poinsettia..hope your day is grand!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just a stunningly fabulous take on Niki's card! I love your poinsettia--it's coloring is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I must get my poinsettia set out - this is totally gorgeous! Love that green base too, I really should've takent he opportunity to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnifique cart,,,,merci pour commentaire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, thanks for sharing!!
    Nati from Brazil
    http://natiquill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.