CASE Study #63 - Vintage golds

Thursday, October 27, 2011



Hi! Sorry for the very quiet blog, I've been fighting off a bug since last weekend and I wasn't up to doing much. Feeling a bit better today. Here's my card for this week's challenge at CASE Study. It's our last week with Niki Estes as our muse, I can't believe how fast October went by!! Here's Niki's gorgeous card.


I CASEd the layout and the centre focal point for my card. The sentiment is from Christmas Nested Sentiments by JUSTRITE stampers, stamped in Coffee archival ink. I die cut the oval shape using Spellbinders Classic Ovals - Large.


I die cut a larger oval from some corrugated cardboard. (TIP: If you lightly spritz the top of ordinary cardboard with water it's very easy to peel away the top layer to reveal the corrugated card.) The little sprig of holly is from The Ribbon Reel and I just gave it a frosty look by rubbing it with a white ink pad.


The dotty paper is from October Afternoon 5&Dime. The ivory crochet lace and gorgeous antique gold seam binding are from The Ribbon Reel. The pearl centre of the bow is a vintage earring.


Now check out the rest of the CASE Study DT cards, they're fabulous! We're voting for a new president here in Ireland today, better go vote!

Chupa
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Cristina Kowalczyk
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Julie Smith
Teresa Kline
Teneale Williams

7 comments

  1. Hello Clare

    What a fabulous card, I love your idea with the holly and use of earings as embellishments.
    Gorgeous colours and design layout.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Какая красотища!!! Чудесные открытки!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty! Thanks for the tip on the cardboard...how creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vintage look of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! This is a gorgeous card with those fab colors. The sentiment is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just super stunning! I LOVE your use of vintage golds for a holiday card--and those holly berries are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.