Personalized wedding card and box

Monday, October 10, 2011



Sorry my blog has been so quiet! I've just been very busy. Quite a few deadlines have clashed and I'm under a bit of pressure! I've been working on a couple of wedding cards this week. I don't normally sell my cards but I do commissions for personalized wedding cards. I love doing wedding cards, they kind of suit my style. I can indulge in lots of lace, flowers, embossing and all things pretty. Sometimes the client asks me to incorporate some of the colors from the wedding, usually the bridesmaids dresses or from the invitation.

For this card I was asked to add some teal and I balanced it with some old gold and touches of natural lace. I used a gorgeous satin toffee ribbon from The Ribbon Reel, for the centre I used a vintage clip on earring. The background I embossed with the In Stitches embossing folder. I used Spellbinders Labels 14 for the label, the text I typed up and printed.


I always make a matching box for the card, it makes a lovely keepsake from a wedding. The recipients love the personalized touch! The patterned paper is from Victoria Gardens by Echo Park papers.


I added a little brass locket to the box with the cluster of roses from Wild Orchid Crafts. The bride had a heart theme on her wedding invitations.

I really like the color combo on this one, makes a change from the usual whites with touches of peach or lemon! Ok, I've lots of projects to finish!! I'll be back tomorrow to join in the Swimming for Katie Renz Blog Hop and Fundraiser! There's quite a LOT of people taking part in this event so don't miss it, it's for such a wonderful lady and her family. It started today so check out all the details here.

14 comments

  1. Beautiful and so elegant card :) I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Clare....your attention to detail is fabulous!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare, This is off the hook AWESOME! What a fabulous wedding keepsake - so beautiful!! This belongs in a shadow box hung on the wall of the lucky couple to be treasured as a momento of all their years together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Clare

    I am blown awawy by such a stunning and beautiful card. Perfection at it's best.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absolutely gorgeous card. So elegant and stylish. Beautiful colours and the ribbon bow is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Clare! This is just award winning! With creations like these one can clearly see and totally understand why you are such a league apart. Talk about feeling week at the knees. I adore the ribbon and clip on earring, the shapely mats used (I'd love to know which ones exactly) under the bride and groom's name, the matching heirloom box...everything! Wow!

    Hang in there with all your deadlines. It will be so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I can say is, WOW! This is BEYOND stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!!! This is truly awesome and that bow - just magnificent. I do like the colour combination here - very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a treasure! I'm sure they'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clare, this is a jaw-dropper! Pure elegance and what a special card/box duo...a gift in itself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful. You have put so many beautiful and elegant details in this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sooo beautiful, I love everything about it. I've never seen that particular embossing folder, it's great.
    Luv, Babs

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.