The Ribbon Reel - Challenge #12 - 'Autumn Elegance'

Monday, October 3, 2011



This week at The Ribbon Reel (challenge #12) the theme is 'Autumn Elegance' - using the inspiration photo create a card or project with neutrals, orange and flowers. Here is the fabulous photo. (My card is also for this week's challenge at The Shabby Tea Room - 'A Shabby Autumn'.)


What a fabulous bunch of flowers! Love the cute pumpkins too! On my card the floral paper I used is from Songbook by Marianne Design, I just did a little fussy cutting and used some foam tape for dimension. I carefully placed my paper flowers to blend in with the floral paper.


The gorgeous flowers I used are a Cream Gardenia and 2-Tone Apricot Tea Roses from The Ribbon Reel. I also added some Ambrosia Seam Binding behind the flowers.


I used Holiday Labels No.14 from Waltzingmouse Stamps on the label, the sentiment is from Hero Arts Live and Laugh. I also added some Orange Bakers Twine across the card.


I made another paper ruffle for the bottom of my card and layered some Yellow Gingham on top and some Cream Scalloped Lace. I also made a little bow from the same lace.


Pop on over to The Ribbon Reel Challenge blog to see the amazing creations from the rest of the DT and play along to be in with a chance of winning some fabulous goodies from The Ribbon Reel.

I had a great time at the Great Big Craft Extravaganza in Athlone, even though it was a short visit! I took part in a great quilling workshop, made some cool fringed flowers and finally got the hang of quilled roses!! So you'll be seeing some of those on my cards in the near future! I also got to meet the very sweet Claire Brennan from Waltzingmouse Stamps and fellow DT member the talented Sandie!! : ) I just wish I could have stayed a little longer! Maybe next time! Have a great week! : )

10 comments

  1. So beautiful card! I love colours and flowers and Your gorgeous ruffle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Clare, the gardenia is such a fabulous embellishment, and he fussy cut paper is so elegant, not to mention your trademark paper ruffle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love that flower and bow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love that flower and bow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love the flower and bow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love the flower and bow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card Clare! Love the flowers and beautiful paper :-)Thank you for sharing your wonderful card at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Talk about a real showstopper! I adore the colours and how you tucked the label in behind the lace and twine. Genius! ANd that flower...such a stunner. Just another example of why your creations are so inspiring to me. Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Clare! Love the ruffled paper!! Thank you very much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.