Monday, October 31, 2011

The Ribbon Reel - Challenge #14



This is my final card as Design Team member for The Ribbon Reel Challenge blog, I've had such a fabulous time and really enjoyed playing with all the different ribbons and trims. (Thanks Keilly!) There are two very talented ladies joining the team, Lenet Mos and Helen Berry. I love both their styles of work! Ok, here's this week's inspiration photo.


I kept the fresh whites as a main element of my card, added the pop of hot pink and teamed it with bright turquoise. The fabulous label is from Seasonal Remedies from Waltzingmouse Stamps, I colored it with colored pencils and a pink gel pen. I love the font combo in this!! The Turquoise Satin is from The Ribbon Reel.


Behind the label is another label/tag from Very Vintage Christmas from Waltzingmouse Stamps stamped using Memento Rose Bud ink. The paper ruffles I made from ordinary white card, here's the paper ruffle tutorial.


I'm in love with that Sheer Ruffle edge ribbon, it's so pretty, I want it in every color!! : ) The little pink roses are also from The Ribbon Reel.


Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT cards at The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog. Can you believe it's almost November already!! Better get cracking on some more Christmas cards! I'll be back on Thursday with my CASE Study card AND for the November SOAP event with Waltzingmouse Stamps, it's a Christmas special!! : )

9 comments:

  1. Just BEAUTIFUL!!! Those white paper ruffles with the gorgeous ribbon, WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Clare

    Wow your card is breathtaking - it's beautiful.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Clare ... love these ruffles ... they look like fabric

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Clare!! Love me some paper ruffles and that hot pink bow is divine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so feminine and pretty Clare, love that WMS label.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. The paper ruffles look like fabric :-) such a girly girl card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clare this is just so pretty! These non-traditional colours really do make a pretty Christmas card. Love the paper ruffle and fabulous bow! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card. Love it!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Clare, love the paper frills and that gorgeous bow. x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!