Waltzingmouse Stamps October Release Preview - Day 3

Friday, October 14, 2011



Today is day three of the previews we've been having for the Waltzingmouse Stamps October release. (All six sets will be available to purchase tomorrow the 15th of October) Today we're looking at 2011 Holiday Ornaments and Santa's Coming to Town (I've just used the Holiday Ornaments set here). Both of these sets are compatible with Spellbinders 2011 Heirloom Ornaments Dies. Yay!


I played around with lots of different layouts but I really liked the negative space created when I arranged all the ornaments together. I thought it made a nice pattern. I went for nice warm colors and tones. The background papers are from the BoBunny Blitzen Collection, that's also where I took my color inspiration from. I used some of the medium and smaller ornament stamps from the 2011 Holiday Ornaments set.


The nice big sentiment is from Say it Loud - Winter Holiday stamped in Coffee Archival Ink. I attached all the ornaments with foam tape to add some dimension. The deep burgundy color paper is from Basic Grey Jovial paper pad. I love how you can stamp the little tops of the ornaments separately.


Ok, for my next card I went for a frosty blue and white color scheme with touches of silver. I used one of the large ornament stamps from 2011 Holiday Ornaments for my card.


I made the silver holly using the solid holly stamp from Festive Foliage, embossed in silver tinsel and cut out. I couldn't resist adding a few silver bells, I love a card that jingles!! : )


The 2011 Holiday Ornaments set comes with two similar sentiments, one normal and one bold. 


I stamped the ornaments using Memento Summer Sky ink. Using a glue pen I picked out some of the details and sprinkled with silver ultra fine glitter. I stamped the ornament three times, scored the centre of each and glued the sides to each other.


I hope you enjoyed having a look at 2011 Holiday Ornaments, it really is a fabulous set. Now check out the other Design Team ladies sharing previews today. I'll be back tomorrow for the Waltzingmouse Stamps release day blog waltz!


Anya Schrier
Becca Feeken
Belinda Chang Langner
Julia Aston
Jennifer Holmes
Kate Whelan
Kelly Schirmer
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Mona Pendleton
Niki Estes
Sandie Dunne
Tosha Leyendekker
Claire Brennan (Owner)

25 comments

  1. Wowza, these are nothing short of AMAZING!! You're rocking this set, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. Love how you've arranged the ornaments on the first one and the colours are stunning. Your second one is so true to your style. Both stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally different and both so gorgeous. I do like the folksy feel to your first card, but I absolutely love the icy blue frosty ornament on your second card - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clare, these are two wonderful cards. On the first one I especially like the warm colors, the images stamped on the ornaments and the way how you arranged those ornaments.
    And the second one in that frosty blue and silver is also so pretty. I love how you arranged the ornament and I think made like this, it would also give a very beautiful tree hanger.

    Kind regards
    Carola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are so stunning...
    I can't pick a fave!
    I love the earthy colors of the first...
    my fave colors...
    but then the elegance of the white and blue...
    with silver bells...
    stunning!
    Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of your wonderful ornament creations Clare! the rows of different sized ones is so pretty in the colors you used - and the blue silvery 3D ornament is just lovely! Love the bells and silver holly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow, Clare, these are outstanding! Just over the top gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clare, love 'em! I love the silver holly leaves-so elegant! And the layout on the first card is so unique and so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing cards!! I love the ornaments so beautifully arranged. And the second card is stunning too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful job on your cards! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clare, Both cards are gorgeous!! I really love the red and green one but the glitter on the blue one is tugging at me! The silver blue is so formal. Neat to see two totaly different looks from the same set.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card, Clare! I love the warm, vintage look of the first one and I also love the soft, cool look of the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susan said: Wow -- you definitely got your creative juices flowing with these cards. Beautiful! (Had to post anonymously due to Blogger problems.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These surely took my breath away - all of them! Stunning and so very unique - you're rocking these sets Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woooooeeeee Clare.....absolutely stunning creations!!

    wonderful inspiration thank you for sharing

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!!!beautiful Christmas creations!!!
    Nati

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous cards, Clare! I love the pieced together ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very beautiful cards- I am smiling just looking at them. You are a talented designer!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, just checked out your post from yesterday and i love the way you did the ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Okay, your collage of ornaments had me gasping in awe!! SERIOUSLY!! Pure gorgeousness and creativity!! And your soft blue ornament just made me sigh with delight!! What beauties!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh WOW - Gorgeous creations, I love them both even though they are so very different!

    Loving the different size/colours and the pretty blue/silver/3D

    Thank you for sharing :O)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That it this stamp set is going on my christmas list, for what I want.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.