WMSC67- A Christmassy tag

Saturday, October 1, 2011


First of all Happy World Cardmaking Day!! I should be doing something crafty today, I'm going to the Great Big Craft Extravaganza (GBCE) held in Athlone, Co.Westmeath here in Ireland. I am pretty excited to be going, there aren't many craft events held here. It's a little more special because I'll get to meet some online cardmaking friends including Claire from Waltzingmouse Stamps!! I'm just up for the day, it's a bit of a drive but I've managed to book one of the workshops - flower embellishments! I couldn't resist! Ok, anyway it's time for another new sketch at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. This one could be a tag or ornament or you could work it into a card.


I stamped some paper using Pic-Nic Patterns from Waltzingmouse Stamps and made a rosette using the Sizzix rosette die (how did I live so long without it!) I stamped one of the doily centers from Dainty Doilies - Large set for the middle.


The sentiment is from Say it Loud - Winter Holiday but the word was just Holiday so I added the 's' from one of the other words. I stamped a long strip using Gingham & Co and made a paper ruffle (yep just like the other ones!) this time I just joined up the ends and made a rosette from it! 


I added some gold bells (love these at Christmas!) and made a large bow from some wired gold ribbon. I added some brown seam binding to the top for the loop.


It turned out pretty large! So I guess it would make a nice ornament too! Don't forget to check out what the Mischief Makers and some of the WMS DT have come up with at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog. Hopefully I'll get some good snaps at the show!! : ) Happy Cardmaking Day!!

10 comments

  1. This is beautiful Clare, love the rosette backing, and the sweet little jingle bells!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare - this is fabulous - love the big bow and bell!! Have a fantastic day at the craft fair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors and stampings on this lovely tag Clare! Your crafting fair sounds terrific!! and you get to meet our Claire! Have a great time and let us know how it all was!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ornament! Love those jingle bells. Have fun at the craft show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ornament! Love those jingle bells. Have fun at the craft show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful ornament! Love those jingle bells. Have fun at the craft show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeoussss Clare! So beautiful and elegant!! Well done!

    Hugs Corine

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeousss Clare, so elegant and beautiful! Well done!!!

    Hugs Corine

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great tag, Clare, and I hope you had fun at the fair! I can't wait to hear more about it! Love the stamping and those paper ruffles are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the medallions with that bold sentiment!! Yes, it's time to get out the jingle bells!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.