Cardmaking & Papercraft Mag (UK) Issue 99

Tuesday, November 29, 2011



I've a few cards in the current issue of Cardmaking and Papercraft (UK). I was asked to make some cards for their recycling feature, this time I had to use sweet wrappers (the Quality Street or Roses kind) as a design feature on my cards. This certainly challenged me but it was fun coming up with the ideas. For this first card I went with jewel tones and made lots of little balls from the wrappers. I used a single color for each row. The sentiment is from Fancy Phrases by Waltzingmouse Stamps.


For the second card I kept it pretty CAS again, the colors of the wrappers are so bright it was best to keep a balance with white. The kite is just made up of some triangles attached with foam pads for dimension. The sentiment is from Hero Arts Live and Laugh.


I made a sweet little garden scene for my last card. I fringed some of the cellophane sweet wrappers to make the grass. It turned out pretty cute! Again the sentiment is from Hero Arts Live and Laugh. Here they are in the magazine. Check out the current issue (99) of Cardmaking and Papercraft for lots more ideas. See you thursday with my CASE Study card, we have a brand new muse!! Enjoy the rest of the week! : )

9 comments

  1. They are genius! I really love the kite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fab ideas with the sweet wrappers!! Perfect season for this!!! Already through our first tin of roses!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly rose to this particular challenge with aplomb! Wonderful cards Clare, I haven't got a copy yet as my subs ran out - hoping Santa will deliver me one for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clare - this is genious! I would never thought to use candy wrappers for crafting - I mean the good part is already gone right? WRONG! You really turned the wrappers into something beautiful! What would be a challenge for most of us you made look easy you clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all fabulously gorgeous!
    Not only did you get "crafty" time...
    you got to eat candy too!! :)
    Love those colorful papers...
    such incredible inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas and great cards Clare ... love that first one

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you've recycled the sweet papers, so clever!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.