CASE Study #66 - 3D Christmas Tree

Thursday, November 17, 2011



Hello!! Again, apologies the old blog has been a bit quiet. I swear I've been making cards, I just can't show them here!! If you're a Splitcoaststampers Fan Club member you can check out some of the cards I've been working on. Next month is my final month in the Dirty Dozen, I can't believe how fast the time has whizzed by!! The rest of the stuff I've been working on is magazine stuff and you'll have to wait for those to be published! Ok, on to my CASE Study card. We're on our third week with Kryssi Ng as our muse. Here's Kryssi's fab inspiration card this week.


I love the layout of Kryssi's card. I interpreted the shape of the buildings and substituted it with a tree. I kept the cropped label and sentiment at the top and also added some snowflakes. My card was a bit experimental, I wanted to make a 3D Christmas tree, kinda shabby and textured. I made a simple cone shape with tabs at the back. It's embellished with little bits of ribbon, lace and beads.


I'm not sure how successful I was, I think I'll have to give another go. The process was fun though and a great way to use up all those little bits of trim and lace.


The sentiment is from Eline's Huis Marianne Design Winter stamp set stamped onto a cropped Spellbinders Labels 18 die cut. The little stars are stamped with acrylic paint and are from Very Vintage Christmas by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I'll be back a little later to join in the Friends of Waltzingmouse Stamps November blog waltz.

Check out the fabulous creations from my CASE Study team mates. Oh and we have a brand new team member, the talented Julie Lacey. Sadly we're saying goodbye to Julie Smith. We'll miss her fab cards!

Chupa
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Cristina Kowalczyk
Debby Hughes
Julie Lacey
Jean Martin
Teresa Kline
Teneale Williams

11 comments

  1. Clare this is stunning, I think I'll have to case this one! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your tree is lovely Clare ... so pretty and shabby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow! Soooo pretty! Love the lace and all the shiny gold stars!! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, I LOVE that tree, beautiful and fabulous dimension!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness me!! Your shabby Christmas tree is just GORGEOUS Clare - seriously!! Can't believe you weren't sure if it was successful or not - it's just so original and creative and I just love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful idea!
    Nati from Brazil
    http://natiquill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I think this is PERFECT! LOVE the soft yellow coloring--so vintage and soft! Gorgeous card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.