CASE Study #67 - Thanks

Thursday, November 24, 2011


Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends! I hope you're enjoying the holiday. It's business as usual here! So on to my CASE Study card. This is our last week with Krysii Ng as our wonderful muse. Here's Kryssi's fabulous CAS card.


Such a fabulous card, I love the layout, the perfect balance of white space. The stamped turquoise flower is gorgeous and I love how she stamped the polka dot border in the same color. The little bit of kraft peeping out works wonderfully and wow what a sentiment. I love big fonts! So for my version I tweeked these elements to fit my style.


For my border I stamped some text from Text-It from Waltzingmouse Stamps in Rose Bud (Memento), instead of a flower I stamped one of the doilies from Dainty Doilies - Large set in Pear Tart (Memento) and my large cut-out sentiment is from Say it Loud. I used Spellbinders Big Scalloped Circles LG to cut out the doily.


I love a bit of lime and hot pink, such a zingy color combo! These sweet flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. There's also a clear diamonte stick pin in there that I chopped to size! I added a strip of white seam binding as my border.


As a nod to Krysii's polka dots I embossed the background using the Swiss Dots embossing folder. It takes the edge off the scary white space too! : ) I'm not AS scared of the dreaded white space anymore and that's definitely thanks to CASE Study (and the talented DT and muses) pushing my boundaries. Ok, don't forget to check out the rest of the DT's creations! I'm off to prepare for a double workshop at the weekend! (Beginners and advanced) Thanks as always for popping by! : )

Chupa
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Cristina Kowalczyk
Debby Hughes
Julie LaceyJean Martin
Teresa Kline
Teneale Williams

6 comments

  1. A beautiful and gorgeous card, I love all your elements especially the embossing.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly darling card, Clare! The colours are divine, and the cluster of tiny roses just so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderfully inspired CASE. Just love the text and the white embossing. The ribbon and flower treatment are so feminine and romantic. Blissful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful!
    Nati from Brazil
    http://natiquill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours in this card Clare! It's so very you while reflecting the CASE perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.