Origami Christmas Tree

Tuesday, November 29, 2011


The double workshop at The Crafty Alley Shop at the weekend went well, just an hour between the two was a little tight though, I managed to grab a quick bite to eat at lunch. I thought I'd just share a couple of the cards we made in the second workshop (for more experienced crafters). The morning workshop was for beginners, we even had some teenagers in the class, it was great to see their enthusiasm for card making. I love this first card, the origami Christmas tree, there are some great tutorials on You Tube on how to make it. I love the dimension it creates yet it folds completely FLAT for mailing!! I used papers from K&Co Glad Tidings and the stamps are from Hero Arts.


The second card is a nice and quick card. I went with bright colors for this little set, very festive. The green holly paper is from Dovecraft Back to Basics Christmas and the stamp is Hero Arts. I love the sweet little bells. This simple layout could be done in so many different styles and colors. I think I'll do a vintage version. We also made a simple gift card holder using the template that Windy Robinson provided on her blog, it's very quick and easy. Ok I'll be back later with some cards I have in the current issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft Magazine (UK).

6 comments

  1. Thank you for sharing these beautiful delights. I love the origami tree in particular as it is a fabulous first to see for me. The second is so sweet. It looks like a cute gift within itself. It's a good one especially effective looking in our time poor days of late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these beautiful delights. I love the origami tree in particular as it is a fabulous first to see for me. The second is so sweet. It looks like a cute gift within itself. It's a good one especially effective looking in our time poor days of late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects! Love that Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these projects! About the gift card template - it requires 12 3/4" paper. How did you make it work?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I altered the size of the gift card holder to 12" so I could fit it easily onto a 12" scrapbook paper. A gift card still fits into the pocket nicely.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.