WMS November SOAP - Day 3 (Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree...)

Thursday, November 3, 2011



**Scroll down for my CASE Study post** Good Morning! Welcome to Day 3 of the Waltzingmouse Stamps November SOAP. We're having a look at some ideas for Christmas of course! Claire has designed some amazing Christmas stamps but I thought I better not overlook some of the non-Christmas stamps just in case I could make something Christmassy from them too. Well, HELLO Vintage Banners you make perfect Christmas trees!! : )


Teamed with the 'star' from Nordic Winter and the square motif from Very Vintage Christmas (just perfect for the tree trunk!) we have a pretty cool Christmas tree! I made these into shaped Christmas cards.


The sentiment is from Say it Loud - Winter Holiday from Waltzingmouse Stamps. Stamped in Coffee archival ink and the small text is stamped in Memento Rose Bud ink.


I stuck a few lights on this one using the little circle motif from Very Vintage Christmas, it didn't take too long to cut them out! The sentiment is also from Say it Loud - Winter Holiday.


The tree I stamped using VersaMagic Tea Leaves ink and the yellow is Impress Lemon Yellow. I love those little fairy lights! I also made some very CAS versions of my WMS Christmas trees.


These ones are dead flat, easy for posting/mailing and super fast to make. I went for a pink Christmas theme. Again using Vintage Banners, this time I used the medium sized banners stamped using Memento Rose Bud ink.


I used the star again from Nordic Winter and I also used the square motif from the same set for the trunk this time, it's slightly smaller for this smaller tree. The sentiments are from Compliments of the Season and 2011 Holiday Ornaments. I hope I gave you a few ideas and you might go and 'build a Christmas tree' from your Waltzingmouse Stamps! I'll be back tomorrow for Day 4!

Here are the Design Team members that are inspiring you today!

Anya Schrier
Becca Feeken
Clare Buswell
Julia Aston
Jennifer Holmes
Kate Whelan
Kelly Schirmer
Lynn Mercurio
Mona Pendleton
Sandie Dunne
Tosha Leyendekker
Claire Brennan (Owner)

22 comments

  1. Brilliant and stunning cards Clare.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful, and beautifully simple. Thank you for sharing.

    Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
    http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
    E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever! What a great way of using a set in a different way! Brilliant. Love the circle punch out too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire
    Fabby cards ...really gorgeous ....
    Hugs sylvie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Idea ... love both versions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your trees Clare! what a creative use of these stamps! the garland is so pretty on the 2nd one - and what terrific fussy cutting you did around the words!! Great colors on these too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clare I love the pennant trees with the fancy trunks. Most of all I like that you did them up in bright fun colors - perfect for the holiday season - so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, HELLO is right! These are awesome!! What a creative use for the banner stamps - they look amazing as Christmas trees!! Super idea, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO ADORABLE, Clare! I just love these, so cheery and sweet. You always cut out those Say It Loud sentiments perfectly...they totally look like die cuts! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Clare

    What a great idea to use those banners to make Christmas trees. They all look beautiful and I very much like how you combined all the different stamping sets.

    Kind regards
    Carola

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so blown away by these gorgeous trees. You are so creative and I so enjoy your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!
    Gorgeous Clare...
    love those trees!!
    Beautiful cards...
    all of them!
    Those vintage banners need to make a trip to my house...
    so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like how you used the banners to make the trees for the simple "pink" cards and also the shaped-cut out trees. Sometimes I think simple ends up being more elegant and I'm in to teaching classes to save people time and still have a wow card. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG. love your trees! How clever to use the banners. And your cut-out sentiments look fabulous--great job of fussy cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Clare -- I absolutely love your brilliance in using these banners for trees!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You never cease to amaze me; all these projects are gorgeous. I am in lvoe with the Christmas trees; brilliant use of the dies and stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply beautimous!! Love the tree Claire - it's cute with a capital "C"!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very creative way to look at those banners! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What can I say? I am blown away by your inventiveness and guess what I have both the stamps and the dies....whoopie....thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your banner trees are just super charming. I actually "thought" about using them for trees, but that's as far as it went. I could never have made them as cute and fabulous as you. These are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brilliant! Love the shaped 3D cards and the one layer trees are just perfect to post! Love them!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.