Beautiful Friend

Wednesday, December 14, 2011


I seem to be so short on time these days, I realized I hadn't made a flower for ages. I forgot how much I love making them. For this one I used Spellbinders Rose Creations dies and paper from Lost and Found Market Street from My Mind's Eye.


I mixed up a few different flower tutorials to make this flower, I'll do up a little tutorial as soon as I can. I made it a little bit shabby by sanding some of the tips of the petals. It seemed to work better after I did that! The petals are made from mint felt, I die cut the leaves from the same Spellbinders Rose Creations set.


I made the frill using one of the Spellbinders Edgeabilites sets, I loosely pleated it, punched some holes along the top and threaded some twine. Patterned paper is from Pink Paislee Nantucket Collection.


The sentiment is from Beautiful Lace by Layers of Color. I love this font! It's just so elegant! All the edges have been inked with Antique Linen Distress Ink.


Ok see you tomorrow with my CASE Study card! I hope you're nearly all ready for Christmas! I'm not!

14 comments

  1. A beautiful card! Love the paper frill and the flower is awesome.
    Luv, Babs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare, this is gorgeous, love everything about it! YES, give us a tutorial on how you made this flower. In the meantime I'm going to go look at the Spellbinder's die......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare, This is just GORGEOUS! Love that hand made rose - looks perfect - I will keep an eye out for your tutorial. The lace trim, the beautiful stitching, that vintage font and the ruffled edge make this one a real stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very beautiful ... and that flower is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. woohoo.. Beautiful flower.
    love the card!!!
    Happy Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness, this is BREATHTAKING!!! I love the flower, and the pleated border, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You never cease to amaze me. You already mamde my sigh and stare with your rpevious post and now this....just one word; GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful flower!!
    Nati from Brazil
    http://natiquill.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Love that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. *faints* This is just sublime! Needless to say, I love all of your work, but when you do your handmade flower thing.... Ahh, just magic! I am also captivated by your rosette flounce. Golly you are good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous!!!! Flower is fabulous!!! Love the pleated skirt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! Absolutely Stunning!

    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. This has to be one of my favorite cards of yours!! I adore your flower and your pleated skirt!! And the papers!! *sigh* Love, love, love the colors!! GORGEOUS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.