CASE Study #68 - Bold and bright

Thursday, December 1, 2011



Hello! We've been having some really dreary weather here, endless rain, wind and now it's turned pretty chilly. At least we've been spared the early snowfall we've had in recent years. Although Isabelle's begun to expect snow now! Anyway, I'm here with my CASE Study challenge card. We have a fabulous new muse this month, I'm a BIG fan of her work... it's Amy Sheffer!! She has such an amazing style!! Here's Amy's inspiration card.


I don't usually use a lot of black in my cards but I thought I'd be brave and give it a try. I'm glad I did, I love the striking result! I went pretty bold with the colors too! I was playing with some fab papers from Echo Park Country Drive, I guess I got carried away! SO I CASEd the fab layout, the bold use of color and black contrast from Amy's card.


I also got some lovely new stamps in the post (mail) from Layers of Color. I'd been meaning to place an order for ages and after seeing the last release I just had to! On this card I used the Beautiful Lace stamp set, it really is beautiful and I just love the font used for the sentiment!


The doily is stamped using VersaMagic Aspen Mist Ink and Oasis Green. The doily stamp is compatible with Spellbinders Big Scalloped Circles Large. I think the rectangle die I used for the sentiment is from JustRite. The orange/peach seam binding is from The Ribbon Reel.


Oh and we have a brand new DT member at CASE Study, the fabulously talented Maureen Plut!! Now check out all the amazing creativity of my fellow team mates! I hope we inspire you just a little bit to play along this week! : )

Chupa
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Cristina Kowalczyk
Debby Hughes
Julie Lacey
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teresa Kline
Teneale Williams

7 comments

  1. Oh Clare, I'm a BIG fan of your work, too! Thank you for this absolutely gorgeous case! I am so honored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CASE card! It has the spirit and it's different and pretty! Good job :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Clare! Love the doily and the fresh colours and that beautiful big seam binding bow! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clare, this is beautiful and those stamps are very pretty - I love the lace and the colours you have used xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Clare. Fabulous stamping, papers and bow!
    Thank you so much for your kind comments x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Clare! I've been a lurker of your blog for awhile and LOVE your work. It's even a more special treat to see you create with my stamps. Your work is always exceptionally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightfully lovely card, Clare! Amy's card has such an inspirational color palette and you've done a marvelous job of translating it into your own style. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.