CASE Study #69 - Sweet yellows

Thursday, December 8, 2011



Hello! I can't believe how fast Christmas is approaching but for my CASE Study card this week I thought I'd take a break from Christmas. It's my lovely mom's birthday this weekend so I needed a special card for her. She loves yellows, oranges... warm cheery colors! Just like her. I hope she likes it. I took my inspiration from our muse Amy Sheffer's fabulous card.


I kept the basic layout, the use of layers, dies, embossing. I love the little gems that frame the card. I added a little more color to mine but I love the fabulous textures and depth Amy created in her card just using a white palette with touches of color. Gorgeous!


I die cut the label using Spellbinders Labels 10, the frame is stamped using Very Vintage Labels No.10 by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I stamped it in Impress Lemon Yellow and embossed it with clear embossing powder. The sentiment is actually a sticker! I've heard SRM Stickers being mentioned a lot recently so I had to give them a go! Glad I did, the quality is amazing and I love the range of font size you get on a sheet. This one is from Fancy Sticker Sentiments - Birthday. Definitely nice to have in my stash, you can never have enough sentiments!


The sweet flower is from Prima (Solitare Meadow), it's actually fabric but I love the bit of bling in the centre. My mom loves this color too! The little bit of foliage is from Spellbinders Foliage.


This week at CASE Study we have a sponsor, the Crop Stop online store, they have a $15 gift certificate up for grabs! Now check out what my fellow team mates have created this week. Oh and check out Paper Crafts Connection today for some quick and easy holiday inspiration!! Go on have a look! ; )

Chupa
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Cristina Kowalczyk
Debby Hughes
Julie Lacey
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teresa Kline
Teneale Williams

5 comments

  1. Hello Clare! What a stunning, beautiful card! Great, happy colors! I enjoy your creations so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I am sure your Mom will LOVE this!! So many gorgeous details - very elegant - love all the texture and the white spray of leaves? Genious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw your card on the Papercrafts blog: Congrats!!! You're doing beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I know your Mom will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Clare! I'm sure your mum loved this in her fav colors! Your flower is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.