A few cards...

Monday, December 19, 2011


Hi, I thought I'd pop in and share a few cards that didn't get picked for publication, I made a few extra for the last submission call for Card Creations: Volume 10 (Paper Crafts). I'm delighted that five of my other cards were chosen for that issue, I did submit more than I usually do (only 3 normally!) so the hard work paid off. I still can't believe how lucky I've been to have cards chosen! It's funny you never know what they're going to pick. I really liked this one, it has a nice summery feel to it!


I used some pretty papers from Echo Park Country Drive. I stamped the banner using Bitty Banners from Waltzingmouse Stamps (I love this set, it's one I go back to time and time again!). The butterfly is a Fimo (Polymer clay) embellishment I made using a silicone mold. The banner is just attached at the front of the card so the two tails hang down.


The sentiment is from Fancy Phrases from Waltzingmouse Stamps, stamped in black on a Spellbinders double ended tag. Here's another one of the cards I made for that call.


I don't usually make purple cards, it's not a color I usually go for but I fancied making a Shabby flower and I had a variety of purple fabrics. Here's the link to the tutorial on how to make these flowers, it's one I did while I was at The Hybrid Chick.


I used a mix of purple chiffon, satin and tulle/netting in various sized circles and melted the edges with a candle. The centre is an old vintage earring. The embossing folder I used is called Floral Summer and is from Bringing Crafts To You.


The sentiment is from Beautiful Lace by Layers of Color. I added a little bit of lime green ruffle edged ribbon from The Ribbon Reel to add a bit of contrast. The lace is from Wild Orchid Crafts. Ok, I'll be back tomorrow with a couple more cards. I hope you're nearly all ready for Christmas. It's turned milder here now so it'll be a wet Christmas. (Which is what we normally should have, it's only the past two winters we've had lots of snow!) Have a great week!

9 comments

  1. WOW, Clare, these are both beauties! And congrats on FIVE cards being picked up - I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very lovely ... beautiful butterfly and I love that dark purple flower with the nesting pearls

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flower is stunning and I love the purple/celery combination, it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Congrats! These are both beautiful and gives the feeling of Spring.:) I especially like hoe you made the banner longer and hanging down ech side of the card. Thank you fro sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare, Both gorgeous! The October Afternoon paper with that gorgeous butterfly make for a bright fun card. The plum card is rich and elegant. I love the flower center - Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Clare, purple isn't a colour I often use either but that flower is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cards especially the purple one! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these are lovely, but I'm particularly smitten by the butterfly card, it's FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both have a summery feel...in their own way!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.