CARD PATTERNS - Sketch 147

Saturday, January 7, 2012


I'm deeelighted to be joining the Card Patterns DT, I really am honored to be asked! So here's my first card as DT member and here's the fab sketch. This week we're sponsored by DRS Designs.


Each design team member received some some rubber stamps to use on their creations this week. I used this pretty motif stamp and repeat stamped it along the right side of my card and embossed in white. I punched four holes in the centers and in between the motifs and threaded some off white seam binding between the holes.


I made a paper frill/ruffle for the bottom of the card, here's the link to an earlier post with tutorial on how to make the paper frill. The yellow paper is Sweetness from Pink Paislee and the pink paper is Lost and Found Madison Avenue by My Mind's Eye.


The sentiment is from Fancy Sticker Sentiment - Thanks by SRM Stickers. I really love the fancy sticker range, I really hope they do more of these!


The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the light cream glass pearl trinket pin is from my own little Etsy shop. I do hope you'll pop by Card Patterns this week and see what the brand new design team made with the sketch and play along with us if you have time! There's a great prize up for grabs and a chance to be our guest designer! Thanks for dropping by! : )

16 comments

  1. I love what you did with the heat embossed stamps and ribbon!!! Beatiful colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new design team! I love this beautiful card you've designed and the way you've "woven" the ribbon through the stamped images along the side of the card :-) Lovin your little "skirts" (I know that's not what you called them, but it's what I think of)
    hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Clare ... this is such a lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty, Clare! I love the crispness of the white against the pink and yellow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your ability to interprete a sketch in such a gorgeous way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Clare on being on the DT! I love your ruffled card (I clicked to the tutorial...wonderful pics and technique). Thanks for sharing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to be on this DT with you! I always love your elegant creations, and this one is no exception. The floral embellishments and ruffle trim are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful card, Clare! I love the white embossed stamp and the threaded ribbon. Thanks for you sweet comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the new DT post! As always, a really lovely card. I do like the ribbon treatment and pretty motif. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Clare

    Happy New Year! Congrats on the new DT position too. Gorgeous card you've created (as always) will pop over and try and join in this week.

    Take care

    Tina
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Your first card as a DT member is gorgeous. I love the fresh colors and the nice girly look. And what you did with the heat embossing is amazing!
    Hugs
    - Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful Clare! Congrats on your new DT position too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Clare - Gorgeous take on the design! Your starting out with a bang! So beautiful! I love the close up photos -especially the one that shows the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Clare you nailed this sketch! Love your take on it - fab card!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.