CARD PATTERNS - Sketch 148

Saturday, January 14, 2012


It's time for another Card Patterns sketch already! Where did the week go? This week we're sponsored by Clear Dollar Stamps. Here's this week's fab sketch.


Each design team member received some digital stamps from Clear Dollar Stamps to use on their creations this week. They have some fabulous digital images, I chose this beautiful rose image from Rose - June Flower of the month  and I teamed it with some pretty digital papers from Tea-riffic Digital Paper Pack.


I wanted a hand painted look to my image so I printed it onto some heavy card and colored it with acrylic paints. I cropped the image into a circle to fit the sketch.


For the 4 panels in the sketch I added some zig-zag stitching instead of paper piecing the panels. I embossed the top half of my card using the Swiss Dots embossing folder. The sentiment is from Say it Loud by Waltzingmouse Stamps.


Don't forget to visit Card Patterns this week and see what the rest of the design team created and play along with us if you have time! There's a great prize up for grabs and a chance to be our guest designer! Thanks for dropping by! I'll be back on Monday with some exciting news!! : )

5 comments

  1. This is beautiful! Your rose looks like it's real. You did an amazing job with the colouring! And I love the nice pale pink/white colors - they reminds me of the beautiful princess' accessories from my childhood.
    Hugs
    - Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful. Soft, pretty colours and lots of lovely layers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the colors and how you stitched to create the panels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is absolutely adorable! The rose is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Clare

    Wow a gorgeous card - and I'm so excited to have been picked as a Super Six winner for last week's sketch - and that I'll get to be a GD too - just wonderful!!

    Going to join in this week's sketch and make a card today too...

    Take care

    Hugs

    Tina
    XXX

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.