CARD PATTERNS - Sketch 150

Saturday, January 28, 2012


Hi, it's time for a new sketch at Card Patterns. This week we're sponsored by My Favorite Things. Here's this week's great sketch. I flipped the sketch on it's side for my card.


Each team member was given a gift certificate to purchase some stamps from My Favorite Things to use on their creations this week.


This fab bird is from Inspired By - Caged Bird from My Favorite Things. I simply stamped it in black and cut it out leaving a small edge. I added to my card using foam pads. I really love this little bird!


The sentiment is from Die-namics Vintage Cameo Frame Die & Stamp set, the frame behind the bird is from the same set.


The die cut frame has a co-ordinating frame stamp, it's such a classic shape. There's some fab cameos in the same set too. I added a little bit of baby pink seam binding and a funny button from my stash. The background I embossed using the woodgrain embossing folder.


Don't forget to visit Card Patterns this week and see what the rest of the design team created and play along with us if you have time. There's a great prize up for grabs and a chance to be our guest designer! Thanks for dropping by! Enjoy the rest of the weekend! : )

SUPPLIES:


CARDSTOCK: EMERALD GREEN, SKY BLUE, WHITE, CREAM
PATTERNED PAPER: CATH KIDSTON MIX AND MATCH STATIONARY
CLEAR STAMPS: INSPIRED BY CAGED BIRD BY MY FAVORITE THINGS, DIE-NAMICS VINTAGE CAMEO FRAME DIE AND STAMP SET
INKS: JET BLACK ARCHIVAL INK, MEMENTO ROSE BUD INK
DIES: DIE-NAMICS VINTAGE CAMEO FRAME DIE
OTHER: WOODGRAIN EMBOSSING FOLDER, PINK SEAM BINDING, BUTTON, SEWING MACHINE, SIZZIX BIG SHOT, PAPER DOILY.

6 comments

  1. Hi Clare! What a pretty card - I love the bird image and how you cut out the frame behind it! The wood embossing brings it all together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clare

    Love your take on the sketch its gorgeous. I too love that little birdie! I had a great time creating my card for this week and am so delighted to be GD.

    Take care and catch up soon.

    Tina
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bird looks "fragile"and I love the muted colors. Gorgeous on that green background. Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and delicate card, Clare! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.