Cardmaking & Papercraft Mag (UK) Issue 101 - Gilding Flakes

Wednesday, January 25, 2012


Hi, just popping in with some cards I have in the current issue (101) of Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine (UK). I was asked to make some cards for the gilding flakes feature. I had to use gilding flakes in several different ways, I hadn't used them before so it was fun to experiment!


Here I used a chipboard piece and gilded the reverse (the self adhesive side), it worked really well on this surface. Once you have the surface covered, brush off the excess and buff the surface with a soft brush.


Here I used a combination of different techniques, I highlighted sections of the stamped cakes using a glue pen and the gilding flakes. I used double sided tape and gilding flakes to create the frame. I loved the results I got with the stamped text, I used a glue pad to stamp the text and added the gilding flakes. Buffing with a soft brush really makes a big difference.


Here I created a shimmery butterfly background by stamping the butterflies using a glue pad and adding the gilding flakes. The border at the top and bottom was created with double sided tape.


Here are the cards in the magazine. I had to make six altogether. So if you haven't tried gilding flakes before I'd really recommend giving them a go, you can get some really great results. Check out the current issue (101) of Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine for more details.


I'll be back tomorrow with my CASE Study card. See you then! : ) I hope it's not raining where you are, it hasn't stopped here all day!

2 comments

  1. Saw these in the magazine - great cards. I particularly like the gilded crown - just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great cards! Congratulations on being published this month!
    Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.