CASE Study #72 - Home Sweet Home

Thursday, January 5, 2012


Yay, a brand new year and our first CASE Study Challenge of 2012! Yep, that means we have a brand new muse too! It's none other than Jen Rzasa, she has such a fabulous style, a simplicity slightly beyond my capabilities but I interpreted Jen's card in my own little way! Her's her card.


I wanted to keep the fun element that's in Jen's card, I love those cheery balloons. So I went for a cheery, chirpy color scheme, did a little paper piecing with a basic house shape and some clouds. (I used up some of those bits from my scrap box!) I kept the whole new home theme.


The polka dot background I stamped using the polka dot stamp from Gingham & Co. from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I used Memento Summer Sky ink but I inked the stamp with some VersaMark ink first for better coverage. The little roof I embossed using Swiss Dots embossing folder. Lots of fun stitching on this one, the clouds were a little tricky though!


The sentiment is from Marianne Design Eline's Huis - Cross Stitch stamp set. I added a little bit of lace to the top from Really Reasonable Ribbon.


You're going to love how the rest of my CASE Study team mates interpreted this one!! Sadly we're saying farewell to some familiar faces, both Andrea and Cristina are moving on. We'll miss their fabulous contrasting styles but there's a new face in town, another Christina! Our new team mate is Christina Maclaren! She has a fabulous clean and simple style! Welcome Christina!

Chupa
Amy Wanford
Christina Maclaren
Debby Hughes
Julie Lacey
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teresa Kline
Teneale Williams

The only other bit of news I have is, I've finally opened that Etsy shop, I've actually put stuff in there too! Just some handmade embellishments, cameos and trinket pins for the moment. I will be adding new colors gradually and maybe some other stuff. There's a mini gallery with a link to my Etsy shop in my side bar! Ok, enjoy what's left of the week! : )

10 comments

  1. What a great interpretation. Such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute Clare, I love this little house - it reminds me so much of patchwork. Your Etsy shop looks fab too by the way ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is fantastic. Beautiful, bright and optimistic colors! Great interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness.....this is BEYOND gorgeous!!!!

    Naomi
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colors. layers, stichting and fabulous use of stamps. You really know how to create a jaw dropper :)
    Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute and adorable. Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really IS home SWEET home!!! I'd love to live there!!!
    Your card is wonderful - as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just so cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is soooo cute - adorable!!! Love it!!
    It reminds me of the super cute little house your daughter owns!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how this looks like fabric patchwork! Just so cute...it brings a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.