CASE Study #74 - Flower of hearts

Thursday, January 19, 2012


It's our third week with Jen Rzasa as our muse at CASE Study. Here's Jen fabulous inspiration card this week! A bold and striking beauty.

I was inspired by Jen's use of patterned paper, the white space and pop of red. So for my card I created a flower made from patterned paper hearts. I used the heart from Sweethearts by Waltzingmouse Stamps stamped and clear embossed them onto a mix of patterned paper from Lost and Found Market Street by My Mind's Eye. The centre is a fabric brad. I made two layers of petals, the bottom layer I left flat, the top layer I folded the petals gently in half to add dimension.


I played around with the text on this card using some SRM Stickers. I used Sticker Sentiments - Thank You for the flower stem and surrounding text grass, I trimmed the text to give myself some shorter lengths to work with.


I added a layer of sweet green buttons at the base of the card and some faux stitching in the form of a sticker from We've Got Your Stickers Plus from SRM Stickers.


I added a little bit of tied lace for the leaves. Check out my CASE Study team mates cards for some more inspiration. Oh, I almost forgot we have a sponsor this week, My Creative Classroom, they're offering a free seat to a class of your choice to one lucky winner. Visit the CASE Study blog for full details. Have a great day! : )

Chupa
Amy Wanford
Christina Maclaren
Debby Hughes
Julie Lacey
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teresa Kline
Teneale Williams

SUPPLIES:


CARDSTOCK: RED CARDSTOCK, WHITE CARDSTOCK
PATTERNED PAPER: LOST AND FOUND MARKET STREET FROM MY MIND'S EYE
CLEAR STAMPS: SWEETHEARTS FROM WALTZINGMOUSE STAMPS
STICKERS: STICKER SENTIMENTS - THANK YOU AND WE'VE GOT YOUR STICKERS PLUS FROM SRM STICKERS
OTHER: CROCHET LACE, FABRIC BRAD, SEWING MACHINE, BUTTONS,

9 comments

  1. Adorable Clare ... love this

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so, so sweet! I love the way you turned the sentiments on their side for the stem and grass! I'll have to try those heart-shaped petals soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun interpretation. Love it! Those loveheart petals are darling. Way to think outside the box. So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card....very creative!
    Luv, Babs xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! Congrats on making the SRM team Clare - so excited to be on the team with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card! I love the different way you used the sentiment and the 3-D effect on the pedals is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your take on jen's card and the colours as well as the centre brad is beautiful..Love how you made the stem of the flower .Gorgeous card

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful Clare! Love your super creative take on that card! WONDERFUL heart flower!
    Also wanted to say; Thanks so much for your support yesterday - your kind words about me joining the Lily Pad cards team really made my day. THANKS!
    Have a wonderful week-end, big hugs Karin

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.