CASE Study #75 - Spring blossoms

Thursday, January 26, 2012


It's our final week with Jen Rzasa as our muse at CASE Study, Jen's stunning CAS cards have been quite the challenge for me! So much white space!! I managed to fill it with some debossing this time, for a sweet and fairly simple card! : ) Here's Jen's fab card this week.


I love the knotting technique Jen used in her card, I chose to CASE this but I used some twill ribbon instead of twine. I also added a few feminine elements. I interpreted the white space as an embossed area and teamed some cream card with some white for a light and fresh look.


The Antique White and Willow Green Twill ribbon are from the Craft Fairy. I love this shade of green. Perfect for Spring cards, yes, I'm ready for Spring already. We've had such a mild winter, the daffodils are starting to bloom already!! The embossing folder is called Garden flowers from Bringing Crafts Too You. I used the debossed side for a change.


I just tied some simple knots in the ribbon and added some sweet Pink Cherry Blossoms from the Craft Fairy. You can't beat a pink and green color combo! It's just so fresh!


For the sentiment I used one of the gorgeous stickers from Fancy Sticker Sentiment - Love from SRM Stickers. I love this beautiful font!


Don't forget to check out the rest of the CASE Study DT members creations this week and play along if you have time! Have a great day! : )

Chupa
Amy Wanford
Christina Maclaren
Debby Hughes
Julie Lacey
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teresa Kline
Teneale Williams

SUPPLIES:


CARDSTOCK: WHITE CARD, CREAM CARD
PAPER: GREEN POLKA DOT PAPER (DIGITAL)
STICKERS: FANCY STICKER SENTIMENT - LOVE BY SRM STICKERS
RIBBON: ANTIQUE WHITE AND WILLOW GREEN TWILL FROM THE CRAFT FAIRY
FLOWERS: PINK CHERRY BLOSSOMS FROM THE CRAFT FAIRY
EMBOSSING FOLDER: GARDEN FLOWERS BY BRINGING CRAFTS TOO YOU
OTHER: WHITE CROCHET LACE, SEWING MACHINE.

8 comments

  1. This is so feminine and pretty. I would never think to combine white and cream, but it looks amazing here! I love the way you knotted the twine, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very soft and pretty! Love the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful Clare! It hits all the right spring notes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous take on a lovely inspiration card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous gorgeous card!! Love the embossing and the pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clare, this is so pretty! Sorry if my minimalist approach was challenging....but I would never know it from looking at the amazing cards you made this month! I love the texture you added with the debossing and the flowers, as well as the soft and delicate colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can always count on you to present an unusual take on a clean and simple card- this one is just beautiful. thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.