CASE Study #77 - Hello Friend!

Thursday, February 9, 2012


Hello! I could go on about how I've been sick the past few days but I won't, just need to get bed early for a few nights and hopefully I'll shake this cold! Needless to say the past couple of days haven't been that productive, I did however manage to try out that cabbage rose tutorial I stumbled upon a few weeks ago. The Spellbinders Rose Creations dies have been sitting on my desk that whole time! Anyway, it's our second week at CASE Study with Karola Witczak as our fabulous muse, here's her wonderful card this week.


I chose to CASE the long/tall format of the card, the floral focal point and use of texture and layers. I also used the Tuesday Trigger: Fancy Schmancy from Moxie Fab World because.. well it was just so tantalizing!  Here's the delicious trigger. (Yes, I have a sweet tooth!)


I did have fun with this card, using the trigger as color inspiration as well as the whole fancy schmancy theme I decided to use some feathers on my card, feathers do make things pretty fancy! They add a lovely softness and delicacy to a card too!


These lovely soft Pale Pink Marabou Feathers are from the Craft Fairy, they have some other gorgeous colors too that I'm dying to play with! The Sweet Pink Trinket pins are from my Etsy shop.


This was my first attempt at the Cabbage Rose, I'm quite happy with it, I'd like to try a few more though. I pretty much followed the tutorial, I used a pale pink light cardstock but I added some shading with a sponge to each layer (before assembly). I made the outer tips lighter with white acrylic paint and the centers darker with a pink acrylic paint. I like the effect it gives.


The top half of my card I embossed using the Sizzix Flowertopia embossing folder, love this one, so pretty. Here's a close up of the detail.


The brown and pink dotty paper is from Sweet Nectar by K&Co. Of course I had to use some Fancy Sentiment Stickers for my fancy card! : ) So I used the 'Hello Friend!' sticker from Fancy Sentiments - Thinking of You by SRM Stickers.


The Pink Grosgrain Ribbon and Dusty Rose Organza/Chiffon Ribbon are also from the Craft Fairy.


Ok, don't forget to pop by CASE Study to see the amazing creations from the rest of the DT and play along this week if you have the time! As always, thanks for visiting my blog! : )

Chupa
Amy Wanford
Christina Maclaren
Debby Hughes
Julie Lacey
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teresa Kline
Teneale Williams

SUPPLIES:


CARDSTOCK: YELLOW CREAM CARD, WHITE CARD, BROWN CARD, PINK CARD
PATTERNED PAPER: SWEET NECTAR BY K&CO
STICKERS: FANCY SENTIMENTS - THINKING OF YOU BY SRM STICKERS
OTHER: PALE PINK MARABOU FEATHERS, ROSE PINK CHIFFON RIBBON, PINK GROSGRAIN ALL FROM THE CRAFT FAIRY, SIZZIX FLOWERTOPIA EMBOSSING FOLDER, SPELLBINDERS ROSE CREATIONS DIES, WHITE CROCHET LACE, BROWN GROSGRAIN, BROWN.WHITE BAKER'S TWINE, SWEET PINK PEARL TRINKET PINS, SEWING MACHINE, DIE CUTTING MACHINE (BIG SHOT), PINK AND WHITE ACRYLIC PAINT. 

9 comments

  1. Claire, what a pleasant evening spent reviewing your blog and seeing your lovely, whimsical, happy creations. Are you a gardener, too? If so, your artistic talents must spill from the garden to your paper, and vice versa. I never thought of including feathers in the floral arrangements, yet indoors, my arrangements all contain peacock feathers or other feathers found in our acreage. Thanks for inspiring me tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Your cabbage rose is incredibly life-like, and I love the addition of the feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Clare. Love the pretty paper-flower, the texture background... the feather is just the perfect touch to make this a super elegant card. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card Clare. The rose and feathers are just fab. Thanks for the link to the tutorial. Hope you soon feel better.
    Luv, Babs xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Clare, especially the rose and feathers.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh,Clare, I LOVE that awesome feather! I wish I weren't allergic to them...they really jazz up a card. Awesome statement. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card ... your flowers are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your card!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS VALENTINE'S WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card and I love that flower. Beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.