A couple of cards...

Friday, February 3, 2012


Just popping in with a couple of cards that I hadn't posted. Another Valentine's card, lots of texture on this one. The heart shape I drew onto some patterned paper and embossed using a scrollwork embossing folder then lightly sanded the surface to reveal the white of the paper. I also distressed the edges for a more shabby look. The pretty raspberry paper is from the Uncommon Collection by Authentique. The letters are wooden. This is also for St.Luke's Charity Cards Challenge Love and Lace (thanks Deborah!).


For this masculine card (which could be for Valentine's, Father's Day or Birthday!) I used papers from Crate Paper Portrait Collection and Emma's Shoppe. The frame is a sticker from the Portrait Collection. I stamped the silhouette from Sweet Silhouettes by Layers of Color directly onto the sticker, the sentiment is from the same set. (I masked a section of the text). I like to keep masculine cards pretty simple, the recipients usually don't like too many 'frills'! I'll be back tomorrow with my Card Patterns card! Glad it's the weekend, Isabelle's been off school sick all week, nasty cough and sinuses giving her trouble, I think she's finally improving today. Hoping she sleeps a little better tonight!

10 comments

  1. Clare - your cards are just gorgeous. I love the pretty, feminine Valentine card and the male silhouette is stunning. Your first card is perfect to link up to our challenge at St Luke's Charity Card Challenge - where our theme is Love & Lace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare - these are so beautiful!!! Love your textured heart :-)
    Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Your big fan! Yor card are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire
    Fabulous love card...... Gorgeous work as usual....
    Thanks for joining us at st. Luke's this month.....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Clare - so glad Deborah pointed you our way. Hope you'll come back to play again soon.
    Tara (aka Craftilicious)
    St Luke's Charity Cards Challenge Founder

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card as always Clare. I`m so pleased you joined us this month at St Lukes (thanks Deborah)and would love to see your beautiful cards in future challenges.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Clare as always....thank you for joining us again over at St Lukes

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like the distressed edges on your embossed heart Clare and that sweet touch of lace is so pretty :0)
    Thanks for joining us at St Luke's this month.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cards and the love one is perfect for St Luke's. Zx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.