Waltzingmouse Stamps February Release Preview - Day 1

Sunday, February 26, 2012


Finally, we have some NEW Waltzingmouse Stamps and lots of em! : ) Today is day one of the previews we're having for the Waltzingmouse Stamps February release. Nine sets are being released and will be available for purchase on the 29th of February. Today we're looking at French Country, Chicken Wire and Make Your Mark. My first card features French Country, there are so many elements in this set, I chose my favorite border and repeat stamped to create the background paper (very easy to line this one up). This would look gorgeous in so many colors! Here's the inspiration photo I used for my card.


It's such a sunny kitchen! A super color combo to work with.


I'm starting to love red a little bit more every time I use it! I used Ink it Up True Red here. The sentiment 'Je t'aime' is from the same set and means 'I love you'.


The black and soft white pearl trinket pins I made, I have a couple of sets in my Etsy shop. 


The fab flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. Here's the signature stamp I used on the back of my card, it's from the Make Your Mark stamp set. There are so many cool stamps in this set. 



So my second card features Chicken Wire and French Country. I went with a fresh blue and yellow color combo inspired by this photo. 


The rooster in the French Country set is such a fabulous motif and there are two different sizes to choose from. I decided to make the larger rooster the focal point of my card. I used the larger chicken wire border stamp from Chicken Wire to stamp the top. You can see a peek of the lace border stamp from French Country behind the label. All the blue stamping in this was done with Memento Danube Blue ink.


That fab label is also from French Country and it coordinates with Spellbinders Labels 25, I don't have it yet so I just cut it out by hand. 


I just love the font Claire used in the French Country set, it's just perfect for this style! Here I used 'Bonne Fete' which means 'Happy Birthday'.


It wouldn't be french country to me without a bit of gingham! or a lot of gingham! : ) So I sneaked in a bit of Gingham & Co. The cheery yellow gingham and fresh white crochet lace are from Wild Orchid Crafts. Here's the signature stamp from Make Your Mark I used on the back of this card. 


I can't wait to see the previews from the rest of the Waltzingmouse Design Team!! Here's the ladies sharing previews today. Come back tomorrow for a peek at two more gorgeous stamp sets!! 


Anya Schrier
Beeca Feeken
Belinda Chang Langner
Clare Buswell
Julia Aston
Jennifer Holmes
Kelly Schirmer
Laurie Schmidlin
Mona Pendleton
Sandie Dunne
Claire Brennan - Owner
Sarah Martina Parker
Tosha Leyendekker

39 comments

  1. These are just gorgeous Clare, love the cockerel, and the French sentiments, what great sets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word!! Clare these are just fab! Love the colour combo you used on the first card and the fresh/clean look of the second. Beautiful images :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare - these are absolutely knock out. I really like the first card, but love, love the fresh blues and yellow in the second card! I can see that my bank is going to hurt next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I love the kind of romantic look of your cards.
    And you used very nice color combinations.
    xx Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning cards Clare. Fantastic colour combos on both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards Clare ... Love that you used blue and white ... just perfect for this set ... so French country cottage

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Clare - you your colour combos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely cards, specially like the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautiful cards from your inspiration photos Clare! I love the reds and yellows on the first - your pretty stampings and gorgeous flowers! The blue and white are wonderful French Country colors - love the three stamped background panels, your royal rooster (!) and the pretty yellow gingham bow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your second card, Clare, is EXACTLY what I think of when I hear French Country! It looks like a china motiff and those COLORS! Must.get.Danube.Blue, heee! And there is nothing that makes me happier than a big yellow gingham ribbon :) LOVE the elegance of the first card! Your background looks just like fabric and another WOWZA handmade cluster of embellishments to make our jaws drop!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty. I love the blue one! It made me say, Oh My! When I first saw it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these, Clare...both cards are fabulous, and I especially admire your use of colors and patterns on your French Country set. Cock-a-doodle DO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Clare, these are wonderful. Your French Country card is fabulous...love your color and pattern choices. Outstanding work showcasing today's sets.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning cards, Clare--your color combos are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ack these are so awesome! I love the flower accent on the first one, such a beautiful composition. And many great little touches (the twine, stitching, lace). I love all the patterns in the second card. Blue & white is one of my favorite combos but that splash of yellow is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are both sooo gorgeous love the inspiration photo's too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You really captured the sunny feel on both of these cards! I feel like I'm in a french kitchen at this very moment. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards. Loving the rooster one. lovely colours and design xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards! I do love red and you put it together perfectly in your first card- so elegant! I never liked roosters much, but your 2nd card may make me change my mind- I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Get used to seeing the word Wow, Clare, your cards today are gorgeous. I can not believe how beautiful the blue card is, all the different stamps put together make a gorgeous card, love the chicken wire stamp added in too. So beautiful. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That loud resonating "THUD" you heard was me hitting the floor!!
    Oh my goodness...
    I DIE!!
    These are just stunning!!
    Love the blue, yellow and red of the first card...
    and really lovin' that inspirational pic...
    may be painting the kitchen ;)
    And the blue and yellow of the second...
    and GINGHAM!!!
    Perfection!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I love both your cards! I could see these framed and on my kitchen walls. I just love the colors used to make them and those new stamp sets from WMS are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super cute cards. Love this new set.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooooh, I love these! They are both gorgeous. I love French Country, blue & white, gingham, roosters.....they were made for me! I can't wait for these to be available to buy.
    Luv, Babs xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. What delightful cards...from sweet and chic to country style! Very versatile sets! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow - these are amazing! Love every detail! Makes me want to go run make something right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Clare - you are absolutely amazing girl!! You have so captured the essence of French Provencial with your French Country cards! Love the blue and yellow - Classic!!! You have such a dreamy, shabby touch like on your first card! Sigh - love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just lovely! Love the classic colors!

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are fabulous!! Perfect showcase of these sets!!! Eeeek...... Can't wait to shop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are great! I particularly love the light blue and yellow with the rooster. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Both your cards are so pretty, Clare. I like how you shared your inspiration photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very pretty cards. I especially like the flowers on your first card, and the colour blue on your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  33. So pretty Clare! Love the country vibe and wonderful color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh Clare love love love these creations. The blue and yellow are fabulous together very French counrty and love the way you have brought the card together! Your first creation is beautiful....I must say i'm loving these signature stamps too

    thanks for inspiration

    ali x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Mr. Coq Azur (don't know French, but I bet you know who I mean) is out of this world. Perfectly French. Love all those stamps you used on him.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful cards, Clare! Love the pins you made.

    ReplyDelete
  37. You have captured the feel of these two sets perfectly with your cards. The colors and layouts of each just scream elegant sophistication. Perfection, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  38. love these french images, and great cards

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.