CARD PATTERNS - Sketch 156

Saturday, March 10, 2012


Hi! It's Card Patterns time again. I'm really enjoying using the new sets from Waltzingmouse Stamps, I have a bit of soft spot for the Eiffel Tower and I love the french sentiments that are in some of the other sets. So I made a sweet French inspired card. Here's this week's Card Patterns sketch.


Ok, I did add the two side circles in my card, they are subtle, I drew some semi circles with a compass and did a double row of stitching on the sewing machine. You do have to look closely to see them in the background!!


The sentiment on the label is from Compact Sentiments by Waltzingmouse Stamps stamped in Coffee archival ink. The flowers used in the cluster are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The background is embossed using distressed stripes.


The fabulous Eiffel Tower stamp (which I adore!) is from the Paris Nouveau set by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I also used this week's Tuesday Trigger from Moxie Fab World as inspiration this week. I was really drawn to the apricot tones with the contrast of turquoise, stunning! A fab complementary combo!


Pop over to Card Patterns to see what the rest of the DT have created this week! If you have time to play along this week there's a great prize up for grabs and a chance to be our guest designer. Have a great weekend!! : )

13 comments

  1. Claire, this is so pretty, and full of spring, makes you want to be in Paris in the springtime. Love the colors, thanks for sharing. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preciosa tu tarjeta y todos tus trabajos.

    Tirza

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love!!! Clare this is fantastic BE-AU-TI-FUL! I love the flower cluster & I'm with you on the Eiffel Tower-definite soft spot for me too:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clare, Another beauty. I love the French influence - the lace, the peach and blue together and those gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I just found this site and you live in Limerick! I have friends there. John and Sarita live in Corbally Cottage on Mill Road. If I ever get there to visit I will look you up...
    Your cards are beautiful!
    Sylvie, Toronto, Ontario

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - this is so elegant and very French looking. You did an excellent job on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGoodness this is So Pretty! Love the Wonderful colors you chose and the Beautiful Lace and flowers! So Springy and just makes me Smile! 8-) Wonderful inspiration! Thank you! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful Clare! This stamp set was made for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Clare! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy, yummy, how wonderful are all of the peach colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful colors that you matched up. That Eiffel tower IS a stunner.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.