CARD PATTERNS - Sketch 158

Saturday, March 24, 2012


It's time for a new sketch at Card Patterns, this week we're sponsored by My Favorite Things. I used one of my favorite sets, the Vintage Cameo Stamp set from My Favorite Things. Here's this week's sketch.


For my color inspiration I used this photo I found on Pinterest. I just love the shades of blue with the touch of light green.


I did something a little different with the background, I love a white on white effect so I used the large four petal flower from Spellbinders Home Sweet Home by Nina B Designs and arranged them to create a simple pattern. I love the effect! (they're propped up on some foam pads!)


I really loved the periwinkle blue in the inspiration photo but I didn't have any inks in that shade but I did have lots of acrylic paints, so I mixed up the color to a milky consistency and applied to the stamp with a sponge. I love stamping with paint! I hand cut around the frame (from the Vintage Cameo Stamp set).


I wanted to continue the color into the seam binding so I dyed the seam binding with the acrylic paint too! I've only done this with inks and glimmer mist before so I wasn't sure how it would turn out but I'm happy to say it worked just as well! (I thought it might turn stiff but it wasn't at all!) The dark blue card I embossed and rubbed the surface with a white ink pad.


The sentiment is from the same stamp set Vintage Cameo Set by My Favorite Things. There's a great selection of sentiments in this set.


Don't forget to visit the Card Patterns blog to see the wonderful creations from the rest of the DT. If you have time this week play along, there's a great prize up for grabs and a chance to be our guest designer. I hope you're having a great weekend, it's a beautiful Spring day here in Ireland, warmer than usual so I think we'll have to head out to the garden and catch up on some gardening!! : )

7 comments

  1. What a nice card! White on white with blue looks wonderful!
    Cheers,
    Marianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Clare - This is so pretty - I love the shade of blue you created - just gorgeous! You used so many new techniques I've never tried before - stamping with acrylic - making your background from die cuts, and even acrylic on the seam binding. Brilliant and what a gorgeous result - well worth the extra time and effort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Очень изящно и элегантно. Чудесная открытка получилась!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Clare! I too love blues with a touch of gree...and that white on white...love that too. Beautiful cameo. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your raised flower pattern....beautifully done!! I may just have to CASE this card!!

    www.CardsPaperAndScrapbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Clare! Love your raised white flowers, looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great! Love the colors and what you did with the inks. And your white on white background is gorgeous!
    Hugs
    - Maria

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.